• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

loose SVT "bodykit"

millertime86

CEG'er
is it normal to have loose sideskirts and bumpers on my svt? my sideskirts arent super loose, but i can move the front and back bumpers a good couple of inches up and down. is this normal, is there any chance of it getting worse or even falling off? if so, is there any way to "tighten" them?

thanks, miller

Are you for real man? Of course the bumpers and stuff shouldn't move up and down a few inches!!! :shocked: And the way to fix it would be to tighten the bolts that hold everything on... or make sure they are even there!

i exaggerated alittle but they move a good bit, maybe an inch-1.5 inches. are these bolts hard to get at? would i be able to do it without lifting the car at all?

i exaggerated alittle but they move a good bit, maybe an inch-1.5 inches. are these bolts hard to get at? would i be able to do it without lifting the car at all?

no they're not hard to get at. it certainly is possible to replace them without taking the bumper off, but its easier to just jack the front up and do it. no scratches to ur bumper:). i have that problem too. i noticed there's only one bolt on each side.

Are you for real man? Of course the bumpers and stuff shouldn't move up and down a few inches!!! :shocked: And the way to fix it would be to tighten the bolts that hold everything on... or make sure they are even there!

Haha, this was kinda my thought. Do you really think any car manufacturer would allow this poor fit and finish? I know the SVT isnt perfect, but seriously LOL. As much curb rash as I see on just about every SVT, I can see why the bumper just flops in the wind.

Back