• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Its Finally April...

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
... and I can now say I am coming to Virginia "this month"!!

Who wants to plan a meet near Charlottesville for sometime when I am in town? It doesn't have to be much... just lunch or dinner somewhere on Sunday 4/27 is fine with me. My wife and I will be arriving in the area on 4/26 and departing 5/3.

Also, I suppose I shouldn't mention the basketball game between Bradley and Virginia last week... naw, probably not. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure I'm the only UVa student on here so I don't think you'll incite too much anger. Yeah our bball team sucked this year, not a great way to end my senior year...

The 27th is the weekend before our Baja Racing team leaves for competition in Tennessee so I might or might not be able to make it to a meet. If it were quick, I could probably duck out of the shop for lunch or something. There's a good Charlottesville bagel/sandwich place called Bodos that might be ok for everyone (if anyone else replies...Lt_hailbob? vacontour? NickyB_SVT?).

Sure we'll get together. I'll need directions on how to get to Bodos, or wherever we are meeting up. I have to pick something up from Lt hailBob while I'm in town. :)

Just tell me what time works best and how to get there. I'll be on vacation so my schedule is flexible.

Rollin, if you still have the jack point cover I'll buy it from you at the meet, if not then my loss, but either way I'll pay for your Bodos for the inconvenience.

I just mentioned to Blackcoog in his WTB thread that I potentially had one to sell, but if you wanna really buy it when we meet I can give it to you since you wanted it a long time ago.

And on a side note, I really hope NickyB gets his butt back on the site because Josh accidentally sent him my skidplate instead of sending them both to me :mad: so he needs to come to the meet and bring it!

Well,... it's getting close to the 27th so we need to come up with time/place to meet and make it final so there is no confusion. So it's gonna happen at Bodo's Bagels on 29 right off 250, right? We need a time to meet.

Well,... it's getting close to the 27th so we need to come up with time/place to meet and make it final so there is no confusion. So it's gonna happen at Bodo's Bagels on 29 right off 250, right? We need a time to meet.

Yes, a time to meet would be a good thing.

Also, if someone can tell me which of the three possible locations it is, that would be a big help too. The three locations that popped up on Mapquest are:

Bodo's Bagel Bakery
505 Preston Ave, Charlottesville, VA
434-293-5224

Bodo's Bagel Bakery Sandwich
1609 University Ave, Charlottesville, VA
434-293-6021

Bodo's Bagel Bakery Sandwich
1418 Emmet St N, Charlottesville

I'll be driving in from our resort about 30 miles away, the address for which is:

Shenandoah Crossing Resort
174 Horseshoe Cir
Gordonsville, VA 22942

Or, if there is someplace else out on the eastern side of town that would be better, by all means I am game as long as it is fairly easy to get to. I've never been to this part of Virginia before.

I'm pretty sure It will be at the Emmet street location, though none of the places have extensive parking. If it is in fact going to be at BODO's then it will be Emmet street. I think we should aim for 11am. Any thoughts?

Emmet and Preston both have plenty of parking. :shrug: That said, Emmet is fine and an easier location for someone who doesn't know where they are.

Can it be earlier, like 10? I'm going to have to be heading to the shop around then and can stop by on my way.

BTW, Kelsey you weren't on 250 W this morning were you? I saw a black SVT going the other way and I think the guy might have looked at me as we passed.

I was on 250. I didn't see you though...:shrug: It could have been me. I was driving around this morning for a while around 12pm. I don't know though... I would suspect it was someone else if it was any earlier. 10am is I could make it there by 10:20

Back