• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

problem with baer brakes

enigma11211

CEG'er
i have baer brakes on my car and some how the braided SS hoses rubbed against the wheel and got damaged,so i need get new lines, just wounding do i need get this lines from baer are any lines would do?

From what I recall... braided lines (from any manufacturer) should be replaced every 2 years anyways, which goes back to the braided vs hose for street use discussions.

Can he just get the cobra braided lines or does he need the lines from Baer to ensure the matching connection points to the contours hard lines? If the cobra hard line fitting and the contour hard line fitting is the same, then you can get the lines from anywhere.

That I'm not sure of. I'm also unsure if a braided hose for the CSVT OEM brakes will fit the Baer caliper.... I'm guessing it won't. What's wrong with just ordering new hoses from Baer?

That I'm not sure of. I'm also unsure if a braided hose for the CSVT OEM brakes will fit the Baer caliper.... I'm guessing it won't. What's wrong with just ordering new hoses from Baer?
Agreed, just order from Baer and save the headache.
BTW, the Cobra SS lines (same PBR caliper) have different fittings side-to-side, so the Baers may as well and you made need a side specific set.
-J

Do what they said, order from Baer. I have tried and the hose for a csvt doesnt fit the cobra caliper and the mustang hose doesnt fit on a csvt car.

Back