• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear Bumper Repair

CSVT4-4

CEG'er
As badly as I wanted a new rear bumper cover, it was not to be. The pictures below are of before and after the repair (not to point out the obvious or anything).

IMG_8470.jpg

IMG_8610.jpg

IMG_8469.jpg

IMG_8613.jpg

IMG_8614.jpg

IMG_8611.jpg

We'll see how it holds up. They said it looks like it should last. :)

That really does look nice!!!!!! Mine is like that but on the passenger side. I could've repaired my bumper, too, but unfortunately a piece broke off right underneath the rear grill so it's junk now :(

Thanks guys. I wish I could take credit for it but, it wasn't me. I had it fixed at a local body shop; Sparkle Auto Body here in Madison.

I was a bit nervouse about a plastic fix but, It did turn out very well. And, they warranteed their work for the life of the car...makes me feel better. :cool:

only thing i'd be worried about is it looks like they painted over the rust on the bottom of your wheel well.

Wow, now you got me nervous. The car didn't have any rust on it when I took it in. I'll have to check car when my wife gets back with it... :shrug:

blu_fuz - The shop is Sparkle Auto Body, here in Madison, just off of East Washington Ave. Very professional group. When I went in for the estimate, Eric talked me through the repair step by step and what everything would cost. When I picked it up, he told be about the curing time and told me to bring it in if I get any bird droppings on the paint. Most importantly, he took a liking to the car. :eek: I could PM you a phone number if you'd like.

95pgt-t - Yeah, the car hasn't come home yet... Because I'm too impatient to wait, I enlarged the photo a bit (see link). It looks like that's where they taped off the wheel well. Thanks for pointing that out though! I'm going to call them and see if they can clean the paint edge up a bit. I was so excited to get it back and looking good, I never noticed. It'd rather have a tape edge than rust though! Whew.

IMG_8610_2.jpg

Last edited:
mine broke there too when it got hit. i fiberglassed it on the inside and filled the crack. repainted, and voilla! :) looks great.

Back