• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Parking Ticket On Campus Today....

skrilla187

CEG'er
I got a parking ticket on campus today (Michigan Tech) because I drove over a curb and parked in a $2 a day parking lot. On the ticket it says "complaint" because someone said I pulled over the curb and didnt pay. Is there any way to get outta the ticket? I mean the capus police didnt witness it. Someone just told them what happenend.

when i got a parking ticket at school i'd pull it off the window and leave, never had a problem. :shrug:

Funny that you mentioned that. I was having a conversation with someone at work today and he said that when he wanted to have his transcripts transfered from Eastern they made him pay all of his unpaid parking tickets. I don't know if your school would do the same thing.

I got a parking ticket on campus today (Michigan Tech) because I drove over a curb and parked in a $2 a day parking lot. On the ticket it says "complaint" because someone said I pulled over the curb and didnt pay. Is there any way to get outta the ticket? I mean the capus police didnt witness it. Someone just told them what happenend.

I would fight it, because there wasn't an officer to witness it. Anybody could call in any car they wanted :rolleyes:

when i got a parking ticket at school i'd pull it off the window and leave, never had a problem. :shrug:

Yeah, bad idea. The best thing actually is to take a parking ticket off someone else's car and put it on yours. You WILL HAVE TO PAY THAT TICKET.

bahhh...you simpletons and your university parkings...

Needs more city parking being your university parking.

Heck if I know. I mean, I guess they could tow your ass. In A2, if you got a ticket and wanted to bring that car back to A2, you better pay your damn ticket.

Again, I don't know how it works through university parking officiation, but you may want to see if you can contest the ticket. You'll have to speak w/a parking referee give your $.02 and work something out.

i used to get ticketed all the time in my station wagon.
i put the sticker in the lower right hand corner of the rear most drivers side window as instructed.
so the windows were very very dark, but the sticker was there.
i got at least one ticket a week for no sticker.
it was the only 1963 ford station wagon on campus and the ticket got thrown away everytime i brought it to the campus police station, and every single time the same officer would walk out with me to the car to check for the sticker.
there were 6 campus police officers and every one of them ticketed the car multiple times.
morons.

this thread reminds me of when i visited a buddy at Mich State i got a parking ticket for parking overnight. I threw it away and never heard from them again.

Speaking of tech I was up there last weekend. Parking seems a bit insane up there. What year are you in up there?

Lmao throw it away lol.

At emu i got a total of 13 parking tickets in 1 year. At the end of the year they said i had to pay for 2 of them. Thank god i never went in and tried to pay for all 13.:laugh:

The funny part is, i would park in a non parking spot, take out a ticket i received and put it on my windsheild. Just so it looks like i already got one for that day. Man it worked very time lol.

The funny part is, i would park in a non parking spot, take out a ticket i received and put it on my windsheild. Just so it looks like i already got one for that day. Man it worked very time lol.
Friend of mine does that :laugh:

Depends on the school, but at my college you could get up to 5 tickets without having to pay for them. If you went over that limit you had to pay them to get your diploma. I had 3 and was fine. A friend of mine had 7 and had to pay for 2.

This of course only applied to cars that had parking stickers on them. If you did not have a sticker and you got multiple tickets, you risked getting towed.

Lol, not here. If you have one ticket that you haven't paid (even if it is NOT overdue), your car WILL GET TOWED. I found out the hard way :nonono:

Back