• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wheel bearing ?

mattsBLK99cSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Alright guys its time for me to change my right rear wheel bearing. Are all contique rear wheel bearings the same? Google shopping is saying that theres different wheel bearings for the svt. Im confused, I'd like to go to ford in a little bit and scoop up a new bearing. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right part.

Ford part # F5RZ1104B

I only showing it coming as a hub assembly in the rear. I just looked up the car that is in your signature... if that is the correct one.

You can buy the front bearing seperate... (F5RZ1215A) and also as a hub assembly(F5RZ1104A). I wasn't questioning the reason why they do it either, just stating the fact that it's the only way it comes from Ford.:cool:

looks like i have to buy the whole assembly, now is there a difference between the svt hub and regular contique or are they both the same? also what am I looking at if I'm going through ford to get this?

looks like i have to buy the whole assembly, now is there a difference between the svt hub and regular contique or are they both the same? also what am I looking at if I'm going through ford to get this?

i don't remember the price. i think it was about 150bucks. not too sure. just call jenkins and find out. and yes, the svt hub is the same as the regular contiques.

Good news I got the assembly from ford for about 100 bux, bearing and hub assembly. I had to drive for a while as no one had it instock :shrug: :crazy:
Had a tech at my work help me and we got everything done in about a half hour. I'm happy no more crazy droning, and my car no longer sounds like a jumbo jet landing.

Back