• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Albany area help needed

SkyRyder

New CEG'er
Hey hows it going?

I have a 2000 Cougar and was planning on to install new rear struts and change out the rusted ebrake cables.

So I was wondering if anyone had a garage in the Albany area or could give me a helping hand.

Last edited:
Aircougar (from NECO) is an hour away from you. He charges for work but is reasonable, and there is often CEG/NECO mini-meets at his place.

I'm looking forward to a NECEG (New England) or NECEG (Northeast) mod meet soon, perhaps you can also do them at that time. :)

O yea that would be cool

But if we do the struts and I have to drive back for a hour without an alignment can't be good.

I'm like 30 minutes from you. Unfortunately, I don't know much about doing suspensions. I have a garage, but it's full of my dad's stuff. I do have a good working area (blacktop driveway) and lots of basic hand tools. We could probably figure it out if you wanted to drive up.

I'm looking forward to a NECEG (New England) or NECEG (Northeast) mod meet soon, perhaps you can also do them at that time. :)

Let's get one set up then! It's almost getting warm enough to hang out outside all day. We could do one here, but there's not a whole lot to do this time of year. I'm always up for just hanging out, talking about Contours and the site, having a few beers and some bbq food.

Last edited:
The rear struts on a Contour/Cougar are easy as heck to do - literally takes minutes with simple hand tools . It can easily be done on a flat driveway on a nice day . Rent/borrow a simple spring compressor & you're golden . Print out Stazi's How-To on the main site & its a no-brainer .

i've done this more time's than i can count...i'm cheap labor too.
i'm also only 45 minutes from albany area

Ok now just need a warm and sunny weekend so when are you free?

Who are you talking to? Honestly, if Chris is free, he'd be a better choice, because he's done it before. If you're closer to Saratoga Springs... I have tomorrow off, Monday before 4pm, and all day Wednesday, and Sunday before 7pm. It's supposed to be sunny and warm up until Saturday.

Aircougar (from NECO) is an hour away from you. He charges for work but is reasonable, and there is often CEG/NECO mini-meets at his place.

Would you happen to know Aircougar cegforums screen name?
I checked the NECO forums the last time he logged in was back in 2005.

I got a new problem I can't pass inspection because my ebrakes are faulty. It engages but won't release, maybe changing the cables might help.

LOL I looked up Aircougar on NECO who is totally someone else.

I found him anyways Aircougar1 thanks.

actually, aircougar was my original screen name, but after the forums changed over a few times, I lost access to the account somehow...

Hence why I am aircougar1 now... :)

Back