• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lost a danged side skirt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krad77

New CEG'er
yeah, I'm an idiot. Got cracked due to my own stupidity, and I thought it was hanging on alright--nope. Lost it driving down the highway one night. :nonono: And now, I find, they are near impossible to locate. Noooooo!! So, if I'm willing to buy some, esp. drivers side, of any color, preferably silver frost. Not that I have a chance in hell of someone actually having one to sell, sigh.... I'll try some local dealers and see if anyone can help at all. Anyone have any helpful suggestions, feel free to let me know. And yes, i checked out the links on the parts page :cool: Thanks!

Thanks, guys. Can I cry now??? :cry: It looks goofy with just the passenger side skirt. Suppose I should remove it. Unfortunately, this car was in Cleveland for quite a while, and there is obvious rust behind the skirts. Taking those skirts off, I will need to take care of that--makes my poor SVT look cheap, which it isn't dang it! One local ford garage said something along the lines of 500 dollars for one, then mentioned they had stopped producing them??? Seems steep regardless. I called some salvage yards to no avail, no shocker there!

Thanks, guys. Can I cry now??? :cry: It looks goofy with just the passenger side skirt. Suppose I should remove it. Unfortunately, this car was in Cleveland for quite a while, and there is obvious rust behind the skirts. Taking those skirts off, I will need to take care of that--makes my poor SVT look cheap, which it isn't dang it! One local ford garage said something along the lines of 500 dollars for one, then mentioned they had stopped producing them??? Seems steep regardless. I called some salvage yards to no avail, no shocker there!

Yes, they no longer make them, but they might still be a few floating around somewhere. I'm sure its a high demand piece and someone is willing to pay $500. I remember the good old days when they were $100/piece from Bill Jenkins.

don't feel bad. tonight i really got a taste of how low the car is...I took a 90º right turn way too sharp (i blame the skinny road that wasn't built for 2 lanes that had a car coming towards me) and scraped my passenger one all up:nonono:
Not looking forward to explaining this one to my dad :help:
good luck though...just gonna wait till someone parts their contour out :crazy:

I could see losing a jack point cover, but the whole side skirt???????
....I see you are in ohio, shoot me a PM I miiiiiiiight know where you can find one!

Ive got 2 drivers side skirts and 1 passenger skirt. I may part with one, BUT not anytime soon.....:laugh:

Ready to sell? PM me and let me know what you want for it...I have a brother who can paint it:laugh: Thanks!

ok guys .... everyone needs to remember classified posts are not allowed on the forums, except in the classifieds and the regional forum classifieds ... please take this to pm's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back