• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wilwood 13" front kit

Yea but everyone tells me they're race car drivers and track their car many times a year....you mean it's not so???!

Ok so what would I all need as far as the kits and options for front and rear upgrades to my Cougar? I do have 17" Enki 5+ wheels and I don't drive it in the winter, that is what the WRX is for. I also love MI we had over 100 inches of snow this year so much fun drifting :). I plan on using it for some Auto x's maybe a road course here and there. I am looking for some guidance please and thank you.

JREAT

Ok so what would I all need as far as the kits and options for front and rear upgrades to my Cougar? I do have 17" Enki 5+ wheels and I don't drive it in the winter, that is what the WRX is for. I also love MI we had over 100 inches of snow this year so much fun drifting :). I plan on using it for some Auto x's maybe a road course here and there. I am looking for some guidance please and thank you.

JREAT

Honestly, any of the kits would work fine in your case. It all depends on your budget.

I don't drive my car in winter and when my original 2.5L blows than I will be ready for some serious HP when I drop a 3L in. SO, I think my baer kit will sit in the basement all packaged up pretty while I am using the wilwood 6 pot calipers. I have to at least try these, and very few have them so it will be "pimpy" as stated above :laugh:. Thank you Todd for helping me to get these back on the road. - JOE

Three words my friend:

Budget
Wheels
Use

If you don't have $1600+ for red six pots then let's move down scale.
If you don't have room for FSL calipers, then consider the alternative calipers.
If you do AutoX and the occasional track day plan on a couple pad options.

1. Check the wheel fit page in the TOOL BOX tab.
2. See what fits your wheel, I'd say the narrow rotor will be fine for medium level demands and you may not fit the 1.10 parts anyhow.
3. FSL is choice number one. Alternate NDL (now narrow mount DyaPro) if you need more room. But smaller pads too.

Each variable has some change in price. Red; more money, drilled; more money, Six pot; more money etc.

For street use; BP10 (think hps)
For AutoX; Poly D
For track day; Poly B
(RARA will follow the logic in pads looking at the chart)

Start with BP10 as supplied. Do others if and when you need/want. However I'd take 10% off additonal pads with purchase.

For now, do the wheel thing to start with.

I agree with having him choose the BP-10 pads, they sound like a good all around pad for beginners and you will figure out what you need as your demands change. Everything comes down to budget as mentioned before. Todd will help you out. BUT do some research first and check out the link in Todds posts to figure out what you need and brush up on your brake part lingo... :laugh: I felt dumb when I had to show Todd what I was dealing with :nonono: but all is well now.

Lots of numbers and letters.

Cruise the pad page and the caliper pages for a few minutes to pick up the lingo. And know that it will change a bit soon with some caliper changes from Wilwood. Oh boy, I get to do new web page work...yuk.

BTW, I'll be at the proving grounds (I think) next week so if you're near by Brian come say hello. Ford's Driving Skills for Life program. Instructor extrordinaire.

You'll be at DPG? or Whatever they call it now? lol. If so, yeah, I'm close by, we should grab lunch or dinner or something.

You'll be at DPG? or Whatever they call it now? lol. If so, yeah, I'm close by, we should grab lunch or dinner or something.

Dearborn yes. Staying just north off the expressway. Details later.

Yea, we want to make a Barge sandwich.

Doubletree Dearborn on Southfield Fwy.

Tuesday night looks best but Wed, Thur, Fri may all work too pending teardown on Friday. You have the shop number- goes with me as the cell.

OK Andys did not know that Baer raised the price on the brake kits but will still honor the price on their website!

They will go lower if we are able to purchase 5+ kits and will not go lower after that!!!

$733 per kit for the baer track kit(13" and two peice rotor) Then obviously there would be shipping!

It would be about 60 bucks shipping if they ship them individually to our houses or about $150 bucks per pallet freight over to somebodies house then they ship all of them to each of us!!!!

Compare the price of that to the Wilwoods!

- amyn

So whatever happen to this? Is it going to make it to the GB forum?? Very interested.

That's a price that nobody wants to compete with plain and simple. It'll be a fine product but let's be honest here; Barge pointed out what I know all too well- a two piece hat/rotor kit alone is going to run you over five bills. That being said you can easily see the value of the PBR calipers, pads and hoses....

If you can score the two piece set up for <$750 it's a helluva deal. For joe average driver you'll do fine with it too.

Comparing it to a kit with a four or six pot caliper is a bit difficult. Maybe from both angles too. Is the four pot FSL worth $500+ more? All depends on what you feel are important to your needs. I can drop prices if we drop quality level; go down to the 12.2 size and down in caliper to the NDL and such....it's a way to cut cost but at the expense of some value.

Tough call.

Todd, I got the needed parts a few days ago for my willies. I will be sporting these for SZ this year for sure. Thanks again.

I have the 13" TCE brake kit

I have the 13" TCE brake kit

I have the TCE 13" BSL brake kit on my Contour.
There have been on for 4 or so years
What questions do you have.

Mikey

Back