• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A little stereo install today

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was him, I would get a vortec and throw it in there to make it "original". And hope it doesn't blow up. :laugh:

Well, if you absolutely are dying for more power then yeah that would be the way to go. I'd agree with that, making it original again. But at the same time, thats part of the cars history that they tried x number of times to supercharge it and failed.

Well, if you absolutely are dying for more power then yeah that would be the way to go. I'd agree with that, making it original again. But at the same time, thats part of the cars history that they tried x number of times to supercharge it and failed.

I don't understand why they were blowing so many engines??
A few of the supercharged people on here ran their vortechs without blowing the motors. I bet they never tuned the votech when they installed it. Or maybe they meant the vortech was always blowing since the spline would strip:shrug:

Last edited:
A few more

standard.jpg

Boy, the black at the front splitter and rear diffuser give that car a very menacing look. :drool: I think it makes it look even more svelt than a regular SVT. Very nice pick up. Congrats.

is it just me, or does that bumper look like it should be much lower to the ground like the front bumper? but hey, now that its in michigan, if you're ever looking to sell it, keep me in mind.

Well that and the fact that a lot of people have school which is a major concern. I know most high schools are still in session for the younger guys but also many colleges and universities don't end until the second/third week of may. This will be the second year in a row that SZ falls right during my finals week.:mad: :mad: :mad: I try to work things out with my teachers but between winter, than school, it kinda sucks to try to pretty up the tour so that I can make it out to SZ. I've awlways felt it would work better as a early summer or late fall deal. But thats just me.

BTW to stay on topic. I'm diggin the Saleen a lot. The exterior curves are so sexy. I think it does need that vortec back in it though. Put some muscle behind all that bodywork. Interior is so pimp, minus all carbon fiber trimwork, and the Brian Earl Spilners two stack wing on the back. I know todras and crew will have this thing up and in tip top shap in no time.

Meh, Ive dealt with it for the last 3 years... and I was in school then too. People need to man up and let their teachers know how its going to be.

is it just me, or does that bumper look like it should be much lower to the ground like the front bumper? but hey, now that its in michigan, if you're ever looking to sell it, keep me in mind.

Yes, it should be much lower.

Spring Zing is/has/always will be in the Spring. Otherwise the name really doesn't work to well.

If you wanna organize Summer Zing or whatever go for it.

forget the rusty exhaust

forget the rusty exhaust

2.jpg

standard.jpg

anyone else see what i see? do the exhaust tips look different to anyone?
sorry if it was mentioned before, its not a huge deal, just wondering if it was just me:shrug:

Exhaust and spoiler are def different. Show car doesn't have braces inbetween the two wings, current does.

Last edited:
Exhaust and spoiler are def different. Show car doesn't have braces inbetween the two wings, current does. The ends are also different.

I'm pretty sure the chrome strip on the reflector is different too. The original looks unpainted and in current form it looks Silver Frost.

Exhaust tips are definitely different, license plate is different, but I don't think the wing is different. I think two supports were just added into the middle to be honest...It's hard to tell with the chrome strip, but it does look SF in the recent pic.

Exhaust tips are definitely different, license plate is different, but I don't think the wing is different. I think two supports were just added into the middle to be honest...It's hard to tell with the chrome strip, but it does look SF in the recent pic.

you are right about the wing imho, however i think the origional is sf also, its about the same color/shine as the paint.

5.jpg

4.jpg

Wing is original, supports were added after the fact. Looks like all the chrome was painted though, oval and trunk strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back