• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

18X7.5 rub issues?

mrrockwood

CEG'er
Planning on getting some SWEET mesh style rims that I have yet to see on a contour when I get my tax return... what size rubber has little to no rub after a B&G sport drop with 18X7.5 rims? Tried searching and couldn't find the specifics.... thanks!

depends on the offset of the wheels, but you should be ok with what he said above.

Planning on getting some SWEET mesh style rims that I have yet to see on a contour when I get my tax return... what size rubber has little to no rub after a B&G sport drop with 18X7.5 rims? Tried searching and couldn't find the specifics.... thanks!

I'm running 18x7 or possibly 18x7.5 Einke MM2's (mesh) and am running B&G sports w/ Koni's and I have no rub with 215/40/18's

225/40/18 tires
7.5x18" rim
offset 45
2.5" drop on GC
I wouldn't go lower than 2" drop because when I had some fattys in the back, it would rub on the plastic wheel well....
AQ.jpg
Now I am running:
215/35/18
7x18" rim
offset 42?
2.5 drop on GC
No rubbing with two 250lb-ers in the back a 150lb-r in passenger seat and me 185lbs
BUT OH WAS I LOW WITH ALL THAT WEIGHT....
newpics005.jpg

Use to be, gettting married soon.... :laugh: I did all of that purple 5 years ago and never took it out...... Just liked to be different.

Haha its cool man. I was thinkin about copying you. actually, i'd prolly do a flat black instead of the pimpin purple. Yours is sweet though :laugh:

Use to be, gettting married soon.... :laugh: I did all of that purple 5 years ago and never took it out...... Just liked to be different.

in person the purple is pretty cool looking

Back