• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SCT rant...

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
OK after spending as much money as I did on my X3 and the PRP I must say I am not impressed.

For that much money when I go to use the product it should work. Their software is a MESS. I mean I had to search through pages upon pages of posts in the Pro Racer forum SCT has and try a number of different things. Finally after downloading 2-3 zipfiles and deleting files and uploading new ones I finally got the software to boot up correctly with out Windows XP flipping out about how it had an unexpected error and had to close. :nonono:

Now that it's working I can't complain but geez seems kind of ridiculous.

Has anyone else gone through this mess?

Also if anyone is having problems with PRP I have the files you need to fix it most likely. Just shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
This was the same problem on my laptop.

BSOD when I opened the livelink and it took searching through pages upon pages of posts to find an earlier version that was more stable and compatible with a service pack/.net version I had installed. Once I finally FOUND it, it was smooth sailing, but getting to that point was VERY taxing.

This was the same problem on my laptop.

BSOD when I opened the livelink and it took searching through pages upon pages of posts to find an earlier version that was more stable and compatible with a service pack/.net version I had installed. Once I finally FOUND it, it was smooth sailing, but getting to that point was VERY taxing.

Ray did you have a problem downloading any processor code updates?

I'm having an issue now where it doesn't seem to be downloading my RJL1 update file, which is 104kb. I go to tools>update in Advantage and it boots up the update client, sees the RJL1 file, I download it and then every time I start up advantage and it updates I get this message that says "Some updates that have been downloaded require a restart. Please restart Advantage at your earliest convenience" After I restart it says the same thing. When I run the update client it still sees the same RJL1 104kb file and I download it with the same results...

Damnit this is gonna suck, I have been slacking on downloading it to my laptop, and with windows vista I bet its gonna be worse than yalls. I guess I will take a crack at it this weekend sometime.

I never had any issues with mine. :shrug:

I installed it like any other program and have used it a few times without any issues. What version are you running? I still have 2.9.

I finally got a hold of someone at SCT when I got home from work. I guess Thurs. are not that busy for them. I sort of stumped the tech guy, but he just told me not to run update anymore. So as of now it's working.

Oh and I am running Advantage v3.0 with an X3, FW rev 1.1.131, tune rev 1.0.9

Back