• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My old car on craigslist...

Did he put superleggaras back on it? Or do I need to go look in the garage?

No I had 2 sets remember...1 Silver and 1 Anthrosite that I sold to you...mine went with the car.

9k? Good luck.

Yeah...if I recall he paid me $7500. Since he has had the CF1 hood repaired and painted, replaced the fogged up headlights with new ones and maybe added some tint. I suppose he could have spent nearly 1K and now is trying to get his money back and some ?

Yeah it still looks great but, No...I don't want it back. When my TTA is finished later this year I will be low 11's maybe high 10's. Still looking pretty much stock, decent gas mpg and worth way more then my SVT would ever have been worth.

Both of my baby's...before the 18" OZ's

picture.JPG

Scott

well then, get bagged or reebs on this one, maybe they'll save it from the deadlies of the road....or not?

i talked to jon last night about the contour(the current owner) and he wanted to buy some parts off me. he said nothing about selling it yesturday. I`ll have to call him back today to see why he wants to sell. its a pretty car. ive seen it lots of times. but 9k is very steep.

i talked to jon last night about the contour(the current owner) and he wanted to buy some parts off me. he said nothing about selling it yesturday. I`ll have to call him back today to see why he wants to sell. its a pretty car. ive seen it lots of times. but 9k is very steep.

I talked to John as well...he was just testing the waters to see if somebody would bite at that price. He is planning on a few more upgrades...currently looking for a deal on a Mirko. I told him to get on this site, introduce himself, become a part of Capital GEG and search the classified...

Scott

To the right buyer...while 9K is definitely high it is far from a beater and certainly worth more then 6K. The car was owed by me since 2003...had less than 16K on it when I purchased it. It was all original, garage kept, never driven in the winter and very little in the rain...it still looked and smelled new. I treated it the same (in my 40's and only driven by me, no kids)...it was not my daily driver and received many upgrades, was still in excellent condition when I sold it. I still remains in excellent condition, John has only improved the couple small flaws on the car since he had it by fixing the CF1 hood and replacing the hazed OEM headlights.

With the base condition and the several thousand dollars in mods listed below the car is worth every penny of 8K or more...to the right buyer not the beat down market CEG has seemed to put on these cars amongst themselves. That was one of the one things I never understood with CEG...you guys dump tons of money into your cars and then bash anyone that tries to get a fair price for their car...makes no sense at all. Maybe it is that a lot of the cars on CEG really aren't as nice as some think they are...I have seen quite a few that fall into this category and quite a few that don't. Maybe it's the youth that can't afford to pay what a car is worth so they pull the price down to their own personal financial level thus ruining the market for nice cars. I purposely didn't even advertise my car on CEG for this very reason...and you know what I had a lot of interested buyers and got what I and the buyer thought was a fair price. Hell the car had 3K alone in wheels and brakes...you think that should have been given away ? A very nice clean low mileage SVT should go for $6,000 easy, N.A.D.A. has it at $7,600 with 60K miles for the high retail price.

Modifications:
Engine, Exhaust & Drivetrain
Extrude Hone UIM (Max-Flow 193CFM) w/Jet-Hot Coating $285 EH, $77 Jet Hot
BAT Ceramic Coated Intake Pipe $80
K&N RU-3630 Open Conical Filter $33
Bassani S/S Cat-Back Exhaust $686
MSDS Headers & Y-Pipe w/Jet-Hot Coating $620 headers, $136 Jet Hot
Magnacore 8.5mm Competition Ignition Wires $124
Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter $130

Suspension & Brakes
Eibach Pro Springs (1 3/4" Drop) $213
OMP Adj. Front Strut Tower Brace $125
HPP Adj. Rear Strut Tower Brace $108
Baer Track 13" Front Brake Kit w/Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors $1,015
Raybestos Quiet Stop Ceramic Pads $100

Wheels & Tires
18 x 7" OZ Racing Superleggra's 16.lbs ea. $1,400 ($350 ea.)
(1 of only 2 sets "4x108mm" in the USA)
BFGoodrich G-Force KDW2's 225/40YR-18's $1,068 ($167 ea.)

Aesthetics
CF1 Carbon Fiber Cowl Induction Hood $565
Lo-Tek A-Pillar Triple Gauge Pod $56
Sun FAZE Street Indiglo Gauges (Oil Pressure, Volt, Air/Fuel Ratio) $200
Indiglo Gauge Face $50
Mirror Finish CEG Tag Bracket $30
Hella Optilux Fogs w/Angel Eyes $60
Trunk Cargo Net
Trunk Tail Light Interior Covers
Voodoo Spun Pearl Shift Knob $50
Removed Door ding Guards
SVT Contour ID/Build Number Tags $42

Had I installed all the parts I had before I decide to sell it these would have been included as well...I wouldn't have taken less then $8,500 and someone still would have been getting a deal...don't believe me add up all the prices !

Additional parts not installed
Engine, Exhaust & Drive train
Dtech Heat Shield $40
Pro-M 75mm MAF
Pwr/Str & Alt Aluminum Underdrive Pulleys $165
DMD “Dual Mode Damper” from Performance Ford Parts $90
Redcoat Racing Street Link Anti Wheel-Hop Bar $80

Suspension & Brakes
Koni Sport Adjustable Struts $700
BAT 21mm Rear Sway Bar $125
STAZI S/S Spherical Rod End Sway Bar Links $65
Redcoat Racing Rear Adj. Tubular Toe Control Arms $225
ATI Heavy Duty Reinforced Rear Subframe $375
Subframe Connectors $150

Aesthetics
Indiglo Gauge Face, HVAC & Headlight Switch Overlays $117
Redline Tuning Hood Quick Lift Kit $50
Mirko Splitter $262
SVT Aluminum Pedal Set w/Dead Pedal $69
Carbon Fiber Mirror Bases (1 on only 2 set made) $300
Elky SVT Grill Mesh Kit $45
Stazi SVT Grill Mesh Kit $65

Yeah I know you don't get what you put into it on some cars but you do get some back to the right buyer.

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Oh and yeah it sailed right through inspection not even needing the headlights adjusted.

Very well put. That car is anything but a beater. If I had what he was asking I would pick it up, but honestly the price market for these cars are low and thats just the reality of it. Maybe he'll be interested in a trade:D

Back