• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A few more pictures taken today

saintz

CEG'er
A few photos taken today.

Missing the 2 stripes off the wing at the moment, they will go back after the Buffer has been on the car

The front height is starting to get annoying now, I have E-mailed the spring supplier’s about it this is supposed to be a 45mm drop all round. I just hope it will settle more when it has been driven some.

My new slightly aggressive looking front end

Take lights out
Remove retaining clips from lamp lens and rubber weather strip
Heat around the lens with a Hairdryer
Use 2 x flat head screw drivers to prize off the lens, once half of the lens has started to come away this will get easier.
Remove lens
Inside you will find chrome light surround this also holds a filter for the indicators, remove this.
Using a star screw remove the screws holding the chrome surround.
Spay surround with Hycote Very High Temperature Paint (Needs no prep or primer)

Leave to dry.

Fit LED strip to the lower part of the light frame that you have sprayed Black (You may use Tie wraps (Cable ties) if 3m tape not available.
Run wire under frame and re-install into lamp housing, Fit back together as you took it apart.
Drill a small hole in the rear of cluster housing and rin wire through, seal with silicone.
Use a clear silicone sealant and re fit your lenses, once pressed on re-fit retaining clips and leave to dry.
Fit all back to the vehicle.
Now do I have to go down the road of a write up for the switch or will that be ok for now.:eek:

Back