• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

custom carbon fiber parts for contours

custom carbon fiber parts for contours

• CF OEM Post-98 trunk

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • CF OEM Fenders

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • CF OEM Post-98 Dash Kit

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • CF Post-98 2 x 2 1/16 Gauge holder Dash Kit

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • CF Door

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters
pre98 trunk maybe??? post 98 hoods?

I've been contemplating doing some of this myself, but I don't have as much time as you seem to have. So if you get this rolling I think you will have quite the business. Let us know.

moz-screenshot.jpg
you have to upload the image to a hosting site such as photobucket.com before you can post it in the forums.

CF

CF

How about CF SVT "Mirko" and a companion Splitter for us Pre-98 owners GL to SE.........................=)

Mirrors and the Pre and Post 98 OEM hoods with "oem" mounting..................

not trying to be cheap or anything, but could you make just regular fiberglass fenders?

actually my first set will be fiberglass, I don't want to make a set with expensive CF until my fiberglass versions are perfected. so your in luck:cool:

pre98 trunk maybe??? post 98 hoods?

I've been contemplating doing some of this myself, but I don't have as much time as you seem to have. So if you get this rolling I think you will have quite the business. Let us know.

only reason I will have the time is because this will be my job and only worry.
compared to what I make now 1 or 2 sells will be what i make more than in a week

would you be able to make all 4 doors or just the front ones?

If you buy them probably will sell in sets of 2 or 4 depending on what you want or can afford at the time.
my first set won't have the handle slots because my main contour has door poppers and shaved handles, but your sets will unless you would like a copy of mine.

here is an example of one of my hoods, sry only shot of it my camera is fragged :cry:,
2971378_1_full.jpg

I don't know if it is effective, made it to where it has air flow to cool and drop air on intake (zetec), but it is one of my first pieces and just wanted to see if I could do it.
Just showing this because if you want I guess I could make a scoop for the v6s where the scoop flows over the intake, or maybe if pudmunkie wanted to we could work something out where his box worked with the hood.

also I was thinking of also making a CF headlight where the air flow went directly to the intake, like this
seibon_hd_duct.jpg

, removal of battery would be necessary though.

Last edited:
Nothing much, just getting the tools as of right now.
I did talk to some carbon fiber dealers in the area, but still waiting to see what they will charge. I have some of the release liquids, just have to make a little more money for actual carbon and resin.

I talked to joey might post some of my sales on his website or make my own. He also enlightened me about parts sales, Might not sale a hood or door for a while until I make sure it the mounting is right. I

Would you be working with colored CF(kevlar and the like)? Let us know when your ready to take some orders.

um actually that is a option if there is a demand for it, but if there isn't, I might not. Let me see how well the other sells do when I start producing parts and I will think about it. I've seen some colored kevlar and carbon out there and I loveit, I actually almost got a roll of dark blue carbon fiber for a custom dash for me.

Last edited:
how can there be any real buyers when there is no product to show them.:shrug:

Back