• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Securing my sub enclosure?

fordcupcar

CEG'er
I recently bought an enclosure with two 12" MTX subs. For me it was just the right amount of bass. However, I am having some problems with the enclosure sliding around my trunk. The enclosure itself is covered in a gray carpet-like material. I thought that this would be enough friction to keep it relatively still. I Guess my aggressive driving proved me wrong again :laugh:. Anyway, I am looking for a way to keep them from moving around so much. I thought that maybe if I get a rubber or foam pad and set it on that, iit might do the trick. I think the real issue is that the area of my trunk covering the spare tire is completely warped.

Any ideas? Thanks a billion.

I velcroed my amp to the trunk floor for the time being until i get everything else in the car. You can actually buy velcro that has sticky backsides at lowes or somewhere similar. It works :shrug:

until stop to hard or get into an accident , then forget about it .. either need to buy new stuff or worse
anyway its best to get some L brackets from the hardware store . will help out your bass alittle bit also

Last edited:
Whatever you do, screwing into the enclosure isnt recommended. You could push the subs against the seat, and hold it in with L brackets without actually screwing into the enclosure. The velcro option also works very well. Many of my friends have done this. Velcro is actually the cleanest looking install.

I use four #10 allen head bolts to hold mine in... seems to do the trick. :shrug: :crazy: :laugh:

166133_3_full.jpg

I just took some left over MDF and made to pieces with L brackets on the end that sit under the box and the stick go below the plastic where you stand at the back for the trunk... prevents the box from sliding to the rear of vehicle....

? Do go on..I'm curious?:laugh:

in detail onto what? how it will improve your bass?

it will improve your bass basically by making your box more efficiency. you waste power by allowing your box itself to rattle . also tieing it into your chassis will help transfer the bass into the whole car and if you tuned your box using your cars frequency and a few other things will make as efficient as possible

Back