• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Happy Birthday Douga-D!

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
Today's my mom's birthday too. I always forget that you two share the same birthday.

Are you doing anything special today?

Homeslice? lol...

Thanks everyone. Yep - 43 today. More aches and pains...

Nothing special planned today, mostly stuff this weekend. I may end up at Applebees this evening for a cocktail or two.

I don't typically share any news of myself on the board, but I haven't seen anyone in a while so here goes:

First, in late February I had surgery on my nose for a deviated septum which was blocking 90% air flow in my left nostril and causing me all sorts of issues this winter. All I have to say is that the result is an incredible difference and was a huge success. Best call I ever made.

Second, my one remaining cat was diagnosed with a tumor in her mouth in early February and it has been growing quite fast. While she is still eating and does not seem to be in too much pain yet, she is getting a little drooly. Her behavior has changed quite a bit, but still a loving cat despite all the trauma. I'd give her about a month or so more. So please say a prayer for little Cobra so that she can make it in to kitty heaven when the time finally comes. Its never easy losing a pet and for some reason I seem to take it especially hard.

Thanks,
Doug

shoot, we were just at Applebees last night. We could have bought you a beer (btw, don't get the Sam Seasonal, they seem to not have the correct keg connected to it - tastes more like Sam Light).

sorry to hear about your kitty. :(
I hope I don't have to go through that hell for a long long time because I don't think I could handle it again.

How long did it take you to recover from the nose surgery?

One week out of work with 3 days on pain meds, then another week just limiting strenuous activity. Doctor just told me this Tuesday I was healing nicely and said no more follow-ups, so about 3 weeks total. The worst part was the first week - they put in splints which immediately get clogged up so you have to sleep sitting up and breathe through your mouth all the time. Gross.

sorry about your kitty.
:(

i had the same surgery my freshman year of college, but mine was self induced with the help of a diving board.
i think i need to have it done again, because i still have one very restricted nostril.
the splints were horrible, but the relief when they were removed was great!

Deviated septum, eh? Well, at least it's fixed, that must have been a hassle to deal with. IIRC, a co-worker of mine had a really bad deviated septum recently. She made the joke of doing too much cocaine :laugh:

But I've been having nose problems myself, actually. Every morning I wake up with either a bloody nose from the left nostril, or excessive amounts of blood-filled crusted mucus. It really kinda sucks :shrug:.

That's probably due to dry air. Get a humidifier and see if that helps.
That happens to a lot of people in the winter time.

She made the joke of doing too much cocaine :laugh:

I actually think the coke would help fix the deviated septum.
:)

the funny thing was when i went to have mine done, at one of the follow ups i was reading the surgery notes and one of the first steps was "insert 100% pure cocaine packing into nostrils for 5 minutes"
i guess they do that to help soften the tissue.

Rest in Peace, Cobra. You'll be sorely missed...
th_ontheprowl.jpg

th_cobraonlap.jpg

th_cobrabrush.jpg

Thanks for blowing those up Matt. It's so weird coming home to an empty house, not putting food down, not changing the box, sitting down without her in my lap. I don't know how long this will last. I've had cats the last 14 years. Thanks everyone... life goes on.

Thanks for blowing those up Matt. It's so weird coming home to an empty house, not putting food down, not changing the box, sitting down without her in my lap. I don't know how long this will last. I've had cats the last 14 years. Thanks everyone... life goes on.

I know what you mean.
When Mike and I put Bugsy to sleep, we left the vets weary and went straight home.
When we walked in the door, we still had that instinctive expectation that the cat would greet us at the door. The reality of the situation suddenly hits you hard.
Worst...feeling...ever. :(

Back