• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ouch

CoolBlackSE99

CEG'er
Well, as the title states, my car's hurting right now... Last Sunday I was driving my girlfriend home on a back road and I guess I hit a patch of anti-skid on the road going around a turn, the brakes locked, and my car spun around and slid into a pair of hay bales off the opposite side of the road... We were both ok, which is the important part and my insurance is covering the damage ($1000 shy of being totaled). Also luckily the damage is only cosmetic. The passenger's side front door is crushed and the window shattered, the mirror broke off and there's a dent in the rear quarter panel. It'll be in the body shop until next week sometime. In the meantime I'm stuck driving my sister's Focus...

Here's some pics of the damage:
800261_30.jpg

The fender and back door are miraculously undamaged
800261_31.jpg

The body shop said they can't save the graphic on the right side so it's coming off and I'll probably pull the left one off myself when it warms up a little more. I'm also taking off the windshield sticker because it's been ripped for awhile. On the bright side, it'll be more subtle I guess...

The body shop quoted the insurance company around $2700, but I pay a $500 deductible. I also have to pay somewhere around $400 for them to replace both of my lower control arms and a parking brake cable for inspection (that's including the alignment and inspection fees). On the driver's side, the ball joint was going before the accident and I think the bushings too so my dad said I might as well just replace both LCA's and have all new parts on both sides, plus they were a pretty decent price shipped from BAT. I had all the parts probably a month or so before the accident but didn't get a chance to replace them and my inspection is up next week so I figured I'd just let them do it...

And yeah, I was really lucky.

Dang, stinks that you're losing the graphic, it looks kinda cool there. You could try to hit up Parkedcar, I'm sure he could get you a new one. Where did it happen, out of curiousity, I know they've been throwing down a ton of cinders and stuff of late. Hope it gets fixed up good as new.

Dang, stinks that you're losing the graphic, it looks kinda cool there. You could try to hit up Parkedcar, I'm sure he could get you a new one. Where did it happen, out of curiousity, I know they've been throwing down a ton of cinders and stuff of late. Hope it gets fixed up good as new.

I'm not really too bummed about the graphics, they were nice but after I put them on I just thought every now and then that they looked a little too flashy/ricey so I probably won't replace them, plus since I made them myself in HS I really didn't spend much on them so I didn't lose anything. I was it in Somerset County when it happened,That's where I'm originally from and I was off work so I went home to visit my parents and see my girlfriend. It was on a back country road so every time it snows they never plow it, just dump a ton of cinders that pile up when the snow melts (like it did last Sunday when I wrecked)

I'm sorry to see your car all banged up. :(
I'm REALLY glad that you both are OK!!

You did a good job on the Ford graphic! :)

She'll be up and looking good again for you soon.

Back