• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Third break light

2000SE

Veteran CEG'er
After rolling through 6 pages of threads, nothing has come up as a viable alternative to the cheap plastic housing and 5 light brake light which is in our rear deck. Does anyone have any good options when it comes to this? I've already shattered the plastic piece a few times, and my subs kill the bulbs due to the vibrations.

I wasn't sure if this would be part of interior or lighting so sorry if this is the wrong spot.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Edit: Wow, and yes i just realized that i used the wrong "break." Sorry about that

Last edited:
I found that the most vibration in the third brake light was from the red insert. I therefore took that insert out, add foam underneath (can't be seen), and made an LED third brake light with 5mm red LEDs because the red lense was no longer there.

I have an extra LED 3rd brake light I made...

I found that the most vibration in the third brake light was from the red insert. I therefore took that insert out, add foam underneath (can't be seen), and made an LED third brake light with 5mm red LEDs because the red lense was no longer there.

I have an extra LED 3rd brake light I made...

Would you be willing to sell it?

Back