• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2009 Nissan Maxima

You just want to strap the designer to a chair and ask how in his sick and twisted mind he could possibly think those headlights are good design?

Personally, I think Nissan screwed the pooch. The exterior looks like a bad mating of a Scion tC and a Camry with current Maxima mutations. I have also read in one release that the car is getting even bigger than the current one.

The interior is better than the current Maxima, but is still a long way from enticing. The butt cheek gauge cowl and the woodgrain simply make everything I don't like about Infiniti interior layouts worse.

There hasn't been a decent Maxima since 1994.

Last edited:
Looks like the designers took inspiration from 2 girls 1 cup.

I do like the interior, though.

That car has more wheel gap than a Ford! Makes the wheels look like 15"s. Reminds me of the styling of a Camry as well.

Mark

Yeah the 19s look really small with all that wheel gap.. The car looks pretty good in person though. We have one at my work along with the Infiniti FX50 Sport.

Aaron

Considering this thing is going up against the Pontiac G8, i dont see sales going very well.

i dont know about that. no matter how badass you make an american car, many people will still opt for the foreign model :nonono:

i think this car looks better than the fugly maxipad that's been out for years. the headlights are a little funky but the rest of the car is way better looking than the current model imo. looks more inifinity inspired now, which is a good thing.

I like the current gen Camry so take this with a grain of salt...

The 04-08 Maxima is the ugliest thing Nissan's put out in a long time, and by far the oddest Maxima ever. This car is a great improvement. The nose is a little weird when viewed from the side but otherwise it looks pretty good inside and out.

07-up Sentra looks like a rearded dung beetle:shrug: . That car looks horrendous. I dunno, but Nissan's styiling is goin down the crapper big time. I used to LOVE the way Nissans looked. Now they're just another Japanese car. :nonono:

07-up Sentra looks like a rearded dung beetle:shrug: . That car looks horrendous. I dunno, but Nissan's styiling is goin down the crapper big time. I used to LOVE the way Nissans looked. Now they're just another Japanese car. :nonono:

agreed. their cars use to have some style to them. the 240sx, the 300zx, etc... ive hated the altima since day 1. i liked the old schoool maximas, with the available manual trans.

i was checking out the new accord sedan today, driving next to me. looks like they tried to copy some cues from the altima, which to me was FUGLY! but it was a big seller so i guess they figured why not copy them? :shrug: :nonono: honda is another one who went from having some pretty good styling to just throwing them into the blender with a healthy dose of vanilla extract. the civics used to be pretty good looking cars, at least theyre starting to again, though they really lost their foothold on the tuner market when they introduced that lamo hatchback Si a few years ago.

Acura has definitely been getting this right, and of course Lexus, as always. and Infinity seems to keep getting better and better too.

but nissan, honda and toyota (all the base lines) seems to just be getting dulled down :nonono:

meh, i dont care. i loved my hondas before but ill never buy another japanese vehicle again. definitely not a new one. we've donated enough to their economy as it is.

116necn.jpg

I don't know but everytime i see this picture i get the urge to switch my car insurance to Geico:shrug::shrug:

Last edited:
Back