• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The fiance got me a kickass B-day present!

black98svt

CEG'er
She got me H.I.D's, and I couldn't be happier. These were a terrific kit with no cutting/splicing, just plug em' in. I've got a great woman. :mrgreen: Also they are the 8K kit if anyone wants to know! Here's some pics....
Before (fogs on also)
hidinstall001.jpg

After
hidinstall002.jpg

hidinstall010.jpg

hidinstall008.jpg

LOL, they will be quite literally "kickass" if you pass me going in the opposite direction with them on at night :blackeye:
Agreed - the Contour headlights are not designed for plug-and-play HIDs. You need projectors to diffuse the light, which in turn also gives you a wider sweep.

Staring at the sun would be less damaging than looking into your headlights. And I feel sorry for anybody whose eyes can't handle bright spots in a dark road when driving toward you.

Looks good. Im not into the deeper blue looking HID's. But i have a Black car and am going for a super white.

It looks REALLY good on your car especially since it is a Silver Frost CSVT. Dont know why but the color looks bad to me bouncing off of the garage door.

I was happy when the woman got me a Bassani Exhaust for the CSVT this past summer. And you people said it is discontinued. The GF hates cars and found that i loved those...

- amyn

Agreed - the Contour headlights are not designed for plug-and-play HIDs. You need projectors to diffuse the light, which in turn also gives you a wider sweep.

Staring at the sun would be less damaging than looking into your headlights. And I feel sorry for anybody whose eyes can't handle bright spots in a dark road when driving toward you.

Thanks for the history lesson. I'm sure he will now take those HID's out, retrofit some projectors and buy a set of 4300k. SERIOUSLY, can anyone make a post about HID's without ceg's village idiots ruining the thread?

Because it's unsafe and a hazard to other drivers!

And I didn't mention the blue. That's a personal preference, who cares.

I like em. Dont forget that they are going to get more purple too. I had 8k's on my svt, and they turned purple after some time.

Because it's unsafe and a hazard to other drivers!

And I didn't mention the blue. That's a personal preference, who cares.

oh stop it already. the lights on various other cars FROM THE FACTORY - including any SUV with hid/xenon headlights and various sedans are more of a danger than these. I constantly flash people thinking their brights are on and burning my retina's but it's just their normal headlights!

I had 6000k hids on my car forever...light output is greatly improved - regardless of your opinion on the matter - and i never got any complaints from anyone i drove behind going to meets and whatnot. unless you're staring eye level into the center of the light it's fine. now tell me how often that happens on the road?

further, everyone's already repeated their opinions on this eleventy billion times...so why keep repeating yourselves? It's obvious noone cares...

Last edited:
Back