• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

passenger side axle trouble

2kSVT

CEG'er
I need some quick help.
I just installed new lowering springs and struts on my SVT. I have the whole front put back together. I checked to see if hubs are moving before putting it on the ground, and have clunky movement on pass. side. It felt like it went back in ok, but it did slip off the blocks when I was installing the other side. I feel good that I did the whole install by myself, with Stazi's instruction. Is there a trick, or do I just need to dropit out of the lower control arm and play with it??
Please help it's on stands, amd I want to see it dropped 2.25 on 18's!!
Thanks
Rod

I found the problem, there was a burr on the center coupler piece in the center section of the shaft. The center "hub" had the burr and the shaft didn't seat all the way in the coupler. It took a little finesse with a 3 foot long 2x2 and a hammer. It only had to go about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch but it works fine.

I did the install completely by my self, as my mechanic buddy bailed on me. Took it for a drive, and seems ok. Once it settles and I get 2 new tires the 18's go on!

Nothing a hammer can't fix. Take out some fustration too!:laugh: Good job. Post some pics of the finished product.

Back