• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Goodies ordered

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
So I placed my order today for my 90mm Lightning MAF, SCT X3 and the Pro Racer Package (total of $778 not to shabby). I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

Now my only question is do I really need to purchase the $75 dollar manual that goes along with the PRP? It basically shows you how to tune your car step-by-step from what the guy was telling me. I figured I'd hold off as I'm sure that if I run into issues I could easily get them resolved by using CEG with the massive amount of knowledge on here. Was this a good move? Or should I go ahead and order it?

i'd order it. then in a month or two when you are done with it, i'll buy my stuff and buy the manual off you..... for 50 lol

i'd order it. then in a month or two when you are done with it, i'll buy my stuff and buy the manual off you..... for 50 lol

blah :p

You know now that I think about it this probably should have been posted in the PCM Tuning forum... Mod you want to move this? Thanks.

that and if you are ever stumped on something you could pull out the manual and have an immediate answer. rather than going through the hassle of waiting for 30 seconds for someone to reply to your post.

that and if you are ever stumped on something you could pull out the manual and have an immediate answer. rather than going through the hassle of waiting for 30 seconds for someone to reply to your post.

I wouldn't say its that big of a hassle... and 30 seconds... hell if it was 5-10min I'd be happy.

Has anyone actually bought the manual... is it worth it?

Do you have any real tuning experience?
If you don't I'd say the book is a good investment for your engine.
-J

Haha... well I've tuned software for 30,000 lb construction equipment... but I've never really tuned a car. If I can't figure it out from reading through basics and what I can pick up through SCT's forum then I'll probably fork out the money for the $75 SCT manual.

Although I'd really like to know what I'm getting for $75... hasn't anyone purchased this before?

Back