• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Updated turbo install pics

I'm going to fap all over that at Carlisle Paul along with Brians!
j9rbqt.jpg

I know this is a dumb question, but I searched and couldn't find it...anyone know which wires on the headlight switch I should use to light my gauges? thanks...

I know this is a dumb question, but I searched and couldn't find it...anyone know which wires on the headlight switch I should use to light my gauges? thanks...

go to the dimmer switch so that they adjust with the dash lights. I went to the headlight switch at first but ended up changing that in the end.

just use a test light to determine which wire you want. on the headlight switch it will be any one that show +12v when the parking lights are on. and for the dimmer find the one that changes with the switch.

Welp, it's all done...only nagging problems are that now my fan only blows out of the defrost vents no matter what the setting (I figure it's a vacuum leak somewhere) and I can't seem to be able to download some much needed software from SCT...care to give me hand Doug with the computer problem?

Other than that, car runs strong and just needs some minor adjustments to the tune...

Some pictures...

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

How we decided to brace the intercooler to the frame, looks great in person...

IMG_0480.jpg

And the rest are how I ran the vacuum lines for other folks installing or interested...

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

see everybody next weekend! :)

Wow!

I just realized how many idea's I've got from your car... Placement of the contour.org sticker under the hood and I'm about to paint my calipers gold, something I really liked on your car. So... following the trend... I guess that means turbo is next :laugh:

Watch that vac line by the EGR, ive melted too many hoses on that badboy.

Man...your car is very very nice. I wish that my car could ever be as sweet as that. I need to win the lottery...hahaha.

Watch that vac line by the EGR, ive melted too many hoses on that badboy.

ditto.

i envy your stainless pipes and red couplers!

going to need to reinstall the cold side after installing an SVT radiator. hot side will need to be resintalled at some point after treating the rust. :\

i still wanna make sex with the tail pipe .... may i????

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!!!!!:eek:

I love the color scheme. I loved Pauls car from the First day I saw it in real life.... and Still love it he does everything in such a neat and clean manner!

Lovin the car!

- amyn

Back