• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Updated turbo install pics

Lookth Nithe
(Please wait while I pick up jaw from floor)
Ok, good. With that said, Looks Nice! :laugh:

Turbo installed...

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

Intercooler installed...

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

and the ultra rare, elusive shots of the fender cuts to make the intake pipe fit...there you go, Brian...;)

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

...almost done :)

^sounds like sour grapes...I would be too if I had sold one of the best cars known in CEG :)

...but thanks, hopefully everything will run properly and I can show it off to you guys soon...

and the ultra rare, elusive shots of the fender cuts to make the intake pipe fit...there you go, Brian...;)

much appreciated :cool:

also the fitting on the compressor side of the turbo, do you know what that is for or what gets connected to it?

^sounds like sour grapes...I would be too if I had sold one of the best cars known in CEG :)

and it is in very good hand and running very, very well. Just got it out of storage tonight. Although I had it out for a week, three weeks ago. But now its out of storage for the summer as well as going to SZ :cool:

So if I am not mistake it has been to every SZ except 03 since it didn't happen and 05 iirc?

So clean even when your doing your own dirty work....

Man how Paul keeps his stuff looking REALLY FRESH and still Stock Looking..

- amyn

also the fitting on the compressor side of the turbo, do you know what that is for or what gets connected to it?

I saw that and I'm not sure either...I'm assuming it taps into the maze of vacumm/boost lines at some point :shrug:

Some questions: How much of a gap did you leave between your intercooler and the radiator? Did you mount the PS cooler the same way I did? It wasn't reallly clear in the instructions and I haven't had a chance to talk to Joey to make sure...

And thanks everyone for the compliments! ;)

I saw that and I'm not sure either...I'm assuming it taps into the maze of vacumm/boost lines at some point :shrug:

Some questions: How much of a gap did you leave between your intercooler and the radiator? Did you mount the PS cooler the same way I did? It wasn't reallly clear in the instructions and I haven't had a chance to talk to Joey to make sure...

And thanks everyone for the compliments! ;)

I forget, but there is space. I have the power steering cooler up under the IC but I didn't use those little blocks, but then again that is also appears that is why I coud only mount the cooler with one bolt. I have some smalled bolts, 4 of them but no nuts to go along with them. plus the bolts that I took where for the IC are to short to go through those blocks and where to large for the OC brackets. The way I have it now it just fits inside the bumper. I need to re-bend the brackets. I just put a bend in them and then I pushed the intercooler up as far as I could get it.

I'll get some real pics tomorrow.

05-01-08_1944.jpg

DSC04570.JPG

also what are the radiator fan spacers?

Last edited:
^I think they are the c-shaped brackets with the hole in the center, but I haven't quite figured those out either :shrug:

I forget, but there is space. I have the power steering cooler up under the IC but I didn't use those little blocks, but then again that is also appears that is why I coud only mount the cooler with one bolt. I have some smalled bolts, 4 of them but no nuts to go along with them. plus the bolts that I took where for the IC are to short to go through those blocks and where to large for the OC brackets. The way I have it now it just fits inside the bumper. I need to re-bend the brackets. I just put a bend in them and then I pushed the intercooler up as far as I could get it.

I'll get some real pics tomorrow.

05-01-08_1944.jpg

DSC04570.JPG

also what are the radiator fan spacers?

the aluminum blocks with two holes drilled is for the lower radiator support bracket. When you put the spacers between the raidator and the frame it will allow the 2" pipe going to the intercooler more room for installation. Paul did find another good use for the blocks but the U shaperd brackets were for the PS cooler where it clamps it down but now that he did the install using the blocks I think it looks very good also. Joey

the aluminum blocks with two holes drilled is for the lower radiator support bracket. When you put the spacers between the raidator and the frame it will allow the 2" pipe going to the intercooler more room for installation. Paul did find another good use for the blocks but the U shaperd brackets were for the PS cooler where it clamps it down but now that he did the install using the blocks I think it looks very good also. Joey

ah, I get it now. they will space out the bracket from the subframe.

how do the C chaped brackets work for the ps cooler?

Intercooler%20mount%20001.jpg

now this was the original way but after seeing what Paul did I will just do that from now on because it is much cleaner and less chance of rattling. Just go to Lowes buy the aluminum square tubing 1/2" or 3/4" and drill two holes buy a long bolts and nuts and use 8m x 1,25m bolt to the intercooler. Joey

Back