• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So do you talk to yourcar?

So do you talk to yourcar?

• Yes

Votes: 46 83.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • It talks to me!

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

saintz

CEG'er
Whilst working on the car, closing the garage at night I often talk to my car..............Am I the only one.....am I MAD?

Last edited:
Yes, I do.

If I didn't talk to her, she might choose to stop working on me when I need her the most.

Any time I have ever been in a car that started having problems (try running out of gas/light on/on fumes 20 miles from the nearest ANYTHING) and you'll be coaxing her along, too.

"c'mon baby... you can do it... good job"

A kiss on the steering wheel, and a rub/pat across the dash seals the deal when she makes it!

I don't talk to mine, but I probably should start. It's always started fine, but when I drove to a used car dealership to check out a CSVT that was for sale, it didn't want to start when I got back in.

I am pleased I am not the only one :laugh: , I tell my car what mods I am going to do to it and how much longer it will have to stay in the garage until I put it back on the road.

only when i work on her. i'll be trying to break a bolt loose, slip, and hit my knuckes on a sharp part of the block and say something like "you son of a *****!"

I always rub the dash when I do some spirited driving and realize how much fun it is to drive her, or it that is.

Yes, I do.

If I didn't talk to her, she might choose to stop working on me when I need her the most.

Any time I have ever been in a car that started having problems (try running out of gas/light on/on fumes 20 miles from the nearest ANYTHING) and you'll be coaxing her along, too.

"c'mon baby... you can do it... good job"

A kiss on the steering wheel, and a rub/pat across the dash seals the deal when she makes it!

yea i do the same thing. has worked for me :shrug: i've yet to run out of gas on the way to fill up

only when i work on her. i'll be trying to break a bolt loose, slip, and hit my knuckes on a sharp part of the block and say something like "you son of a *****!"

Tonight was rough.. ran wiring for another amp in the trunk.. installed new fog lights.. and cracked my sideskirt after already glueing it twice.

Went something like "god dammit!" "piece of :censored::censored::censored::censored:!" and "son of a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:!" :laugh:

I don't talk to mine, but I probably should start. It's always started fine, but when I drove to a used car dealership to check out a CSVT that was for sale, it didn't want to start when I got back in.

had that problem twice with my gti 16v back in the day....first time i was with my then girlfriend and we went to look at a neon...this is when they were first introduced back in 92 or 93 whenever it was...later on the way to her house from the dealer the distributor burned out

second time a couple yrs later when i was finally ready to really get rid of it, i found a hyundai scoop that only a few months old....didn't trust hyundai but drove it and liked it and was ready to trade the gti in...it wouldn't even make it to the freeway and i had no idea what was wrong with it...i took it as a sign not to buy the hyundai...and later settled on a 91 passat instead :blackeye:

oh....and yeh i talk to my cars....always try to have kind words for the altima 177K and the expedition 140K...both still rolling on o.g. engines and trans...

Last edited:
I talk whenever the car doesn't do something I am expecting. Usually bogging 1st gear when starting from a stop ("come on!").

The SVT hasn't been running for a few months now but I haven't yet cursed it directly for not doing so.

Of course I talk to my car, gotta tell it you love it, also kisses on the steering wheel and pats on the the dash, that's why it runs so well. My brother hates his Coog and tells it all the time...he has a lot of problems with it. I used to hate my Tempo and tell it all the time, spend almost every weekend fixing it.

All the time... I also pat and rub the dash, especially if the car has just saved my a$$, such as having to bolt to get into traffic or slamming on the brakes, swerving and avoiding the a$$ that just pulled out in front of me.

I also find myself rubbing the passenger seat and in general talking to her while just driving my normal to\from work.

Yep! I give mine encouragement to get up slippery hills in the winter or to get unstuck. And give it congrats on big mile odometer marks.

Back