• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good Deal at the Junk Yard

TourEnvy

Hard-core CEG'er
I was going to pull the seats out of the an SVT there, when I got there the head rest were taken, Im mean come on, just the headrest? Well, I have had an idea brewing for a while so I went back pulled the front top upholstery and the rear bench back. $35 later i was out the door. Good Times! now to the shop. :cool:

lol i just have headrests for my seats but the seats are starting to crack. Good luck on your project

I was thinking of taking the whole seats, but I was like who's going to have just head rests, got me kinda excited.... like I said ill keep you in mind.

If you could take the time to help me, I would appreciate it. Over a year ago, I bought a new Midnight Blue drivers side rear seat skin from Ford, in anticipation of the worn bolster. It has come time to change it, and I have a few questions.

1. How do the headrests release?
2. Do I have to take the seat out just to replace the rear skin.
3. How do you get the old skin off.
4 How to put the new on back on. I assume, #3 above will answer this.

Thanks,

Don Evans
Daytona Beach, Fl
Orig. Owner 1999 SVT

Sure,
Im not sure exactly how the headrest were taken off. I believe that if you push the adjustment in and there are some access holes you might have put a pick in to release it the rest of the way.

First i started by putting the seat back all the way forward from the back un do the plastic strip the holds the bottom of the insert to the back of the seat. Once thats done, put the seat in the back position flip the insert up. You will see "Hog Rings" that hold the upholstery to the frame of the seat. they are across the bottom and down the side. if you look in and upward there are some at the top too. I pulled mine out with pliers, there is a tool to put them back in, you might be able to get a kit with new rings. From the back side will have to unhook an addition plastic strip that attaches the back of the upholstery to the rear seat frame.You will have to stick you hand pretty far up there. There might also be some hog rings at the back on the bottom. I Dont remember. Take a pick and care fully stretch the fabric out from under and around the inserts the head rest post go into. Carefully inch it off. If there is resistance double check to see if you are missing anything.

As for the bottom of the seat you will probably have to take the whole thing out and work form the bottom. Im not sure how it is all attached.

Hope it helps, TourEnvy

Back