• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Been playing again

saintz

CEG'er
I found a tin of white/grey rubber paint in the Garage from the days of my PT Cruiser with white lettering on the tyres.
I hate the look of low profiles so I had a go at painting the letters, this give an optical illusion of the wheel looking bigger.
I then sorted the curbing with a nice blue ring around the alloys, this will make it a lot easyer to fix if I scrape them this summer until I get them re-furbed late next year.
Oh well heres my first one I did

you never see low profile with white letters, I like it!

How does that hold up? Does tire shine stain the white or anything?

you never see low profile with white letters, I like it!

How does that hold up? Does tire shine stain the white or anything?

I have had the tin for years, last's quite well the only thing I can fault is the front ones tend to go grey with the brake dust.

I solved this by adding a little black plasti-Kote paint in with it so it shows light grey on all tyres :cool:

looks good, but IMO i would paint the interior of the wheel black and leave the blue ring and white letters. I think it would really set it off. but that's my opinion, looks good none the less.

looks good, but IMO i would paint the interior of the wheel black and leave the blue ring and white letters. I think it would really set it off. but that's my opinion, looks good none the less.

I want to have them cleaned and painted late this year, nice idea thanks :cool:

This just goes to show how young many of you are. Back inb the day 70's-80,s low pro's came with white lettering, I had a set of BF Goodrich T/A comp's low pro on my old Pinto (I think there should be a pic on the forms somewhere). during the 90's and more Japanese and Euro brands tires came with black out sidewalls. American tires were known for the white lettering, Goodyear, Firestone, Goodrich.

This just goes to show how young many of you are. Back inb the day 70's-80,s low pro's came with white lettering, I had a set of BF Goodrich T/A comp's low pro on my old Pinto (I think there should be a pic on the forms somewhere). during the 90's and more Japanese and Euro brands tires came with black out sidewalls. American tires were known for the white lettering, Goodyear, Firestone, Goodrich.

A style I always loved in the 70's and 80's, I remember it well as I am 38 :laugh:

The car I always wanted as a kid was the Smokie and the Bandit Trans-Am but pleased I never bought one with petrol at £1-09p ($2.20 give or take) a Ltr over here now.

Back