• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

heater blower motor

mikemrq

New CEG'er
My blower motor does not come on until I turn the switch on high. Nothing happens on low or medium, just high.

where is that located? Is that the one that pulls out of the duct near the blower motor and has a few wires connected to it ? Just unplug and pull it out?

If I knew exactly I would tell you, but I do not know... This may help, and as it says check the switch and switch wiring, because those can go bad too... IIRC they melt, there was a recall on them...

Howdy,
Don't have a camera handy, but the resistor is on the passenger upper foot
well just to the left of the blower motor-has a 3-wire connector that plugs in
horizontally. On the '99 it may have a single screw holding it in. Before throwing it away, make sure the fan speed switch and associated wiring is
good. Am guessing that only high fan speed works?

where is that located? Is that the one that pulls out of the duct near the blower motor and has a few wires connected to it ? Just unplug and pull it out?

Yup, that's it. But if I remember right there is a torx screw or two that need to be removed to pull it out.

Actually the switch did not work at all. I took it out and noticed the plug was bad. I wired a new plug on the end and got a switch from the junk yard. Installed the switch and only works on high, put the old one back in and only works on the high setting but sound like its on the low setting.

theres a white rectangle piece on the firewall between the fan itsled and the center heater core.. ull see it its off to the left on the firewall

Back