• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Red Bull Air Races

Yeah, I'll definately be attending in some form.

A friend of mine from another board has a boat and we might go try to watch it from the water . . . He's going to look into how much of the water will be closed off, and if there will be any decent areas to watch from the boat.

Otherwise I'm getting tickets.

well if enough people want to go we should turn it into a little meet maybe hit some food then the races!

IIRC, the event is this upcoming weekend. Anybody going?

Hopefully, I can get out of work this weekend. Let me know if anyone will be there and may want to meet up. I was thinking of going to Windsor and shooting pictures from there, but I think crossing the border may be too much of a hassle.

Going saturday... me and a few buddies will be in zone 5 in Windsor. Plus side of being in Windsor is, (detroit skyline)>>(windsor skyline). I was actually at DEMF this weekend and saw them setting up for the races. Should be a good time. :cool:

Rara, did you buy tickets or are you heading on the boat?

PM me because I may have the hookup for you to watch from Tower 400 in air-conditioned comfort.

Matt,

Sorry, I missed this thread yesterday :( but yeah, I'm pretty geeked about watching from the "sky box" lol.

for the guys who didnt get tickets i think ive got a good spot to watch from were thinking about rolling the cars out and having a little bbq if anyone is interested. its right on the water and you can fish there as well

Well, they just started practicing about 15 minutes ago... I'm watching out of my window... and it's completely f**king badass.

How disappointing...qualifying was cancelled today due to high winds. :nonono:

Anybody got a good spot to watch from? I don't feel like paying and having to go to canadia again.

for the guys who didnt get tickets i think ive got a good spot to watch from were thinking about rolling the cars out and having a little bbq if anyone is interested. its right on the water and you can fish there as well

Were's that?

Thanks to 00SVT for hooking me up with a great view of the races yesterday! :D We watched the races from the 18th floor of the Ren. Cen. I got a bunch of video looking DOWN on all the action, hehe. I haven't converted everything over yet, but hopefully I'll have at least a few to post tonight.

And the Helicoptor aerobatic demo was AWESOME.

Back