• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

P0156

SVT3391

CEG'er
Today is the first time I drove the car out for work after the MSDS headers were done. I also got a pair of MILs from Naulitus. I got the P0156 code on my way back. The weather was great with no humidity.

I searched. From Tony's post:

To expound on what Ray posted and to answer your question a little more in depth, if the lower O2 sensor(s) goes bad, you get [FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]P0156 [/FONT][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor circuit fault - Bank No. 2. or [/FONT][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]P0161 [/FONT](no signal sensor code). I got both these codes. The mileliminators are only there to eliminate the P0420 and P0430 codes for the lower O2 sensors.

Correct. I just used some last week for my battery positive cable. If I decide to redo the mileliminators again, I will use the Liquid Electrical Tape (aka liquid rubber) for the connections. Right now, whenever I drive in the pouring rain for 4 or 5 hours, I get the P0136. However, I just erase the code and it doesn't come back until the next 4-5 hour drive in the pouring rain again. :eek:

Before the header/MIL installation, I had P0420 sometimes but not very often. Does this P0156 means my Bank 2, sensor 2 is broken? Or just a bad connection? Again, there is no rain, water puddle or anything like that today.

Does this P0156 means my Bank 2, sensor 2 is broken? Or just a bad connection? Again, there is no rain, water puddle or anything like that today.
I would suspect the mileiminator was not installed correctly (connectors came out) or the O2 sensor has a broken electrical connection. Check the mileliminator connectors again.

Back