• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Paint idea for the car...

My god everyone, HE ALREADY BOUGHT SOME E1'S! However, I still think you should save your money, man. Only do cheap and easy things, that's what I'm doing.

thats what i am doing zorrex. And as far as the rims go, i have to wait for 95pgt-t to make arrangements to come down, but i am buying them. i'm limiting myself to 250 bucks for mods from now till june. i mean, i have an intake, it just needs to be cut to fit, i have a glasspack for it, that just needs to be installed, and the paint for the interior i have had for the past 4 months, i'm just waiting for warm weather, i can get a spoiler for 35 bucks at the salvage yard, so that takes me to about 95 bucks, which leaves me with 155 for rims and whatever else, and 95pgt-t is selling me the rims for 100 so that leaves me with 55 bucks....

thats what i am doing zorrex. And as far as the rims go, i have to wait for 95pgt-t to make arrangements to come down, but i am buying them. i'm limiting myself to 250 bucks for mods from now till june. i mean, i have an intake, it just needs to be cut to fit, i have a glasspack for it, that just needs to be installed, and the paint for the interior i have had for the past 4 months, i'm just waiting for warm weather, i can get a spoiler for 35 bucks at the salvage yard, so that takes me to about 95 bucks, which leaves me with 155 for rims and whatever else, and 95pgt-t is selling me the rims for 100 so that leaves me with 55 bucks....

Well that's not bad then. I've been looking at similar costs for my car. I have one expensive one, though...SIDESKIRTS. And I have to paint and install my rear bumper. The body on my car is looking pretty rough :cry:. But really, don't bother painting the car. Champagne is a good color as is. I really like my gf's '96 Champagne Contour. It's a sharp looking car.

why??? why not do it? i dont have money for a CSVT, and if i did, i wouldnt get one. i'd rather get a Fox Body stang, but i'm thinking of cheap things to do to the car for now, cuz im sick of driving a stock looking car around.

I've been in your shoes before. I used to be a poor kid with a '96 Mystique. But you know what? The only thing I did to it was add a stereo. I fixed :censored::censored::censored::censored: when it broke, and I saved my money. Guess what I'm driving today? A 3.0 SVT (that may or may not hung with a modded 5.0 fox body to undisclosed speeds...)

You just have to admit to yourself that you're driving what you're driving because of your circumstances and be okay with it. Don't be the guy driving the old car that looks worse because the owner put $200 into crappy visual mods, there are already enough kids doing that. Heck, $255 is most of a low mileage 3.0.

I've been in your shoes before. I used to be a poor kid with a '96 Mystique. But you know what? The only thing I did to it was add a stereo. I fixed :censored::censored::censored::censored: when it broke, and I saved my money. Guess what I'm driving today? A 3.0 SVT (that may or may not hung with a modded 5.0 fox body to undisclosed speeds...)

You just have to admit to yourself that you're driving what you're driving because of your circumstances and be okay with it. Don't be the guy driving the old car that looks worse because the owner put $200 into crappy visual mods, there are already enough kids doing that. Heck, $255 is most of a low mileage 3.0.

VERY well said! I make fun of some old car buddies all the time about the crappy stupid looking mods they do to there cars, and all I hear is "I can't afford to spend that much money like you do". And my response is the same everytime; "Then don't do it".

So instead they drive around busted ass Honda's that look hideous because all the mods were cheap as hell.

Save the money and put it towards mods actually worth doing or don't do them at all.

I'd just check out the Autozone rack. They have some SWEEEET rubber Tazmanian Devil floor mats that would go great with the eight ball air fresheners in the next row over. Friggin' PIMP!!!!

Mark

I'd just check out the Autozone rack. They have some SWEEEET rubber Tazmanian Devil floor mats that would go great with the eight ball air fresheners in the next row over. Friggin' PIMP!!!!

Mark

I bet he could pick up some hawt NOS seat covers and Yosemite Sam "Back Off" mudflaps and still have madd $$ left over!

Back