• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT 3.0L Dyno Mishap

must have been stock numbers on that f2t. my 91 put down 189whp and 277wtq on 15psi:laugh:
off topic though.:cool:

Amazing what a bleeder valve, test-pipe, and zombiestang chip can do. :) The F2T has to be one of the best dollar per Horse-power cars that I've ever worked on. It's really too bad that they handled poorly with the twisties. That's my only real complaint about first gen Probes. Oh, and the POS vulcan engine. :p

Actually I was running the t-bird hybrid turbo.:shrug: But I was on stock boost. Just the bigger turbo and downpipe, intake, exhaust. I was gonna do some other stuff but the tranny went.

Wow, was the the turbo 5-speed? It's quite rare that those transaxles go boom.. Proper shifting, good fluid quality/levels and daily abuse will allow those buggers to run forever. Trying to hole-shots (which is dumb in a fwd, anyhow), dropping one on the ground, and neglecting to do basic maintenance are the only things have I've seen destroy those. 350wtq+ with a FE3 doesn't even phase it!

Last edited:
i had a friend making 340whp and 378wtq on a dynapack(notoriously low) w/215k miles on the stock block and tranny:laugh:

i may be off track here but is the fuel pump ok and delivering sufficient pressure at the higher rpms??

i have a similar set up to the OP and i put down 220 hp/tq to the front wheels on a dynojet.

nothing to do with your low numbers, but do you have the MSDS y pipe as well?

No still on the stock y-pipe. I re-dynoed Saturday and pulled 173 hp and 198 tq, which is pretty amazing and lopsided. All I've done since the first dyno is change plugs and do an oil change two days before. Plus it was on a different dyno. It was actually a Dyno Dynamics dyno, which is supposed to be sort of a heartbreaker dyno in itself.

Just because you get a little secondary bump doesn't really mean they are opening properly either. There is like a 10 deg bump in timing when the secondaries open.

Back