• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Audi style lights on a Mondeo

saintz

CEG'er
White LED's and black eye's they look awesome :lol:
One of the easyest mods I ever did, took 45 minutes to put together and back on the car. They work on a toggle switch so I can pick and choose when I use them 8)

chuffed to bits with these and cant belive how bright they are I could not get a propper picture due to the glare!!

Tried to take the glare off by taking a picture from the side

And you put them inside the light housing or what? And what did you wire them to?

Yep I heated the lens up with a hardryer fitted sprayed the Chrome surround black then fitted the LED strip along the bottom. Put the lights back together with silicone, wired them up to an independent switch with a relay and in-line fuse

Damn dude well they are awsome, and how long did you have to hold a hair dryer to them to bake open?

you also need to know that, if i remember correctly, the mondeo's have glass lens housing, not the crappy plastic like contours, which is why we have to bake out lights open.

My ones are plastic mate, like most Mk2's accross here it was the Mk1 that had glass ones:cool:

Baking and cutting the lights open has nothing to do with the lense. It has to do with the glue that is used on the lights. That's damn impressive that it only took you 45 minutes!!

Mark

that looks great! maybe i can put some audi lights on my audi! great mod idea man! thats awsome that it took less than an hour.

I started working on this a little while back with acrlyic rod ala homemade angel eye style. I gave up on the project due to a lack of time... Those LED strips are a great quick idea...

I applaud you :cool:

Back