• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody Notice theee...

winty87

CEG'er
HOLY CRAP A LOT OF COP CARS BATMAN!!

On my way to school just now I must've seen 5-7 cops and 3 had people pulled over and another was in pursuit. All this was west bound I-96 to lansing. Must be because its pretty much the nicest day outside in awhile people feel the need for speed and cops are ready for it?:shrug:

Tawk amongst yeh-selves, this is caowfee tawk with Linda Richmond...I'm feeling a little verklempt.

HOLY CRAP A LOT OF COP CARS BATMAN!!

On my way to school just now I must've seen 5-7 cops and 3 had people pulled over and another was in pursuit. All this was west bound I-96 to lansing. Must be because its pretty much the nicest day outside in awhile people feel the need for speed and cops are ready for it?:shrug:

Tawk amongst yeh-selves, this is caowfee tawk with Linda Richmond...I'm feeling a little verklempt.

did you eat paint chips as a child?

Yeah, I noticed a lot more than usual went I went to Grand Rapids last Friday. Seemed like most of them were on I-69, but a few on I-96 too. Generally I expect to see 1-2 at most, and there had to be 6+. On the way back, there were some too. I remember barely seeing a new county Sheriff's Tahoe in the median lasering people going westbound in the dark at like 9:30 Sunday night. At least I assume he was using laser, because my 8500 X50 didn't go off at all. That's just dirty to laser people at night.

someone told me that the state police department had a huge budget defecit, so they were pulling over for stupider reasons now to write as many tickets as possible.

I know someone who was commuting to school who got pulled over for doing 72 in a 70. :troutslap:

someone told me that the state police department had a huge budget defecit, so they were pulling over for stupider reasons now to write as many tickets as possible.

I know someone who was commuting to school who got pulled over for doing 72 in a 70. :troutslap:

The state police is in the midst of a sting right now. they are pulling ppl for speeding (even 5 over), obstruction of vision (sh#% hangn from your rear view mirror), windhsield cracks, tinted windows and all other small BS infractions. We should be about at the end of this sting now.
Affected hwy's are: 96,75,94,10,696.
Beware my friends.:eek:

Yeah, there is definitely a sting goin on are we at the end of it? Highly doubt it. I've only noticed the increase of cop cars for just about a week and a half. I'd imagine they have another 2 weeks of this. Today I saw 5 cops on the way to school, 2 parked facing the east going traffic, 2 facing west, and another undercover one (no light bars, antenna or badges). I don't know about getting pulled over for goin 5 over, I blew by them all goin 75. 80 they will sure as sheet pull ya over. But maybe on higher traffic E-ways you'll get popped goin 5 over. Not 96. Travel slow and safe gents!

Went back to GR from Flint today to get my summer wheels/tires out of storage and swap the sets. I saw 4 cops and 4 victims in 55 miles of I-69, and no cops on I-96 west of Lansing. Usually I see 0-1 the entire trip. It's making me have to drive slow... :mad:

Its also been seeing a lot of cops pulling people over in the Detroit area. I think this is Michigan's way of getting out of debt. I think they should find better ways to make money.

Back