• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Does anyone still sell the Borla setup?

I believe most list it as discontinued, you would have to call around and see if anyone has any in stock. you could go trubendz Borla ... or buy used

After hearing the borla vs. the trubendz, I really would prefer to find the borla. BAT still lists it... and not as discontinued... But the price is quite high.

After hearing the borla vs. the trubendz, I really would prefer to find the borla. BAT still lists it... and not as discontinued... But the price is quite high.
you can buy a trubendz kit that comes with a borla muffler, both resonated and non resonated, why not just go that route? :shrug:

or even just the tubing kit and then a seperate Borla muffler.

you can buy a trubendz kit that comes with a borla muffler, both resonated and non resonated, why not just go that route? :shrug:

or even just the tubing kit and then a seperate Borla muffler.

the straight borla isn't going to be as loud and that sounds like what he is after ...

probably your best bet would be to buy a tubing kit from somewhere, like trubendz, and then buy your own borla mufflers/ resonators. im sure you can get close to, if not, the same sound that the original borla kit had. and it will most likely be cheaper than taking a chance and buying the one off of BAT, if they still have any that is.. otherwise the only borla "kit" you can buy is the trubendz version..

Yeah I don't want something too loud. Stock is pretty loud as it is and I'd like just a bit more. I'm planing to do headers with this too and I already have the BAT high-flow cat & y-pipe

I'll be looking used but I'll also give BAT a call on it too.

and the Borla is 2.25" piping (like stock SVT) where as trubendz is 2.5"

Maybe you could find out what types of mufflers/resonators are installed in the borla and then do a custom SVT exhaust with the same components?

I have msds headers + borla and I think it sounds tits!

Yeah I don't want something too loud. Stock is pretty loud as it is and I'd like just a bit more. I'm planing to do headers with this too and I already have the BAT high-flow cat & y-pipe

I'll be looking used but I'll also give BAT a call on it too.

I know this guy that works kinda cheap, and he's done this exact setup before.:laugh:

I know this guy that works kinda cheap, and he's done this exact setup before.:laugh:

Haha... I'm probably going to wait until the summer to get this moving, but I figured it would be good to try and locate the hardest part to find first. Although your glasspack sounds really good...

Since I quit drinking, my rates are cheaper than ever!!! Just buy lunch and Redbull and your set!! :laugh: seriously, we could set aside a weekend during the summer to get this done. Let me know. BTW, the first cruise is May 5!!!!! Mark your calender now, remember, 2500 cars last year, including 3 Ferrari's, a Ford GT, and a Pantera. :laugh:

Since I quit drinking, my rates are cheaper than ever!!! Just buy lunch and Redbull and your set!! :laugh: seriously, we could set aside a weekend during the summer to get this done. Let me know. BTW, the first cruise is May 5!!!!! Mark your calender now, remember, 2500 cars last year, including 3 Ferrari's, a Ford GT, and a Pantera. :laugh:

Do you mean May 2nd? or May 9th? because the 5th is a monday :laugh:

Yeah I'll probably be looking to start my tweaking project early summer. You probably saw my post in NE about thinking about a new car, well I decided to postpone that until I have a place to keep 2 cars :rolleyes:. So instead, I'm going to get the SVT how I want it.

Hmm... you know the hope of finding a new Borla system is looking pretty hopeless when...

... this thread comes up on the first page of google search results for borla contour svt

Hmm... you know the hope of finding a new Borla system is looking pretty hopeless when...

... this thread comes up on the first page of google search results for borla contour svt

Why don't you just buy the borla mufflers and put them on your exhaust.

Borla used the same design pattern as the svt exhaust. They used the same muffler/resonator locations. And the tubing is identical in size.

That being said. i would just remove the resonator/mufflers and put borla mufflers/resonators in there places and save 300+ dollars.:shrug:

borla is QUIET! bobs #9 svt had header/ypipe from weapon r, stock cat and a resonated borla exhaust and my car with headers, stock y pipe, high flow cat, cherry bomb resonator and stock mufflers (w 2.25 piping) is 10 times louder.

his had an AMAZING tone though, sounded very g35 like.

borla is QUIET! bobs #9 svt had header/ypipe from weapon r, stock cat and a resonated borla exhaust and my car with headers, stock y pipe, high flow cat, cherry bomb resonator and stock mufflers (w 2.25 piping) is 10 times louder.

his had an AMAZING tone though, sounded very g35 like.

Here is the difference.

1.Stock cat is quieter than a high flow smaller length cat that you have. Sound increases just from that.

2. You replaced your resonator with a straight through 18 inch pipe. The borla is an actual screened meshed internal muffler with passages. That reduces cfm flow which also reduces sound. Great design gives a unique sound.

You have to understand tampering with our cats or resonator changes our sound on contours dramatically.

Changing your resonator is the ultimate sound change in our cars. Finding a perfect replacement that keeps db's down but increase flow is hard to find. You must pick one or the other.

For me, I don't want something retardedly loud. i just want it to be louder than it is now. Which it is actually pretty loud now with the BAT y-pipe. Of course knowing my luck, I may have a hole in another flex pipe. Which if I do I'm going to kick myself for getting rid of the test pipe. I already regret that. I don't know why I wanted to put a cat on and make it legal :blackeye:

Back