• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

When are you getting your car out of storage?

jtour

CEG'er
So for all you that have to suffer with winter. When are you guys/gals getting the car out of storage and getting them back on the road? I don't store my contour but I am dying to get my Cobra back on the streets. I think middle of April will be my cobra's coming out party. Just wanted to see what you all are doing. And for the ones that live in nice weather all year round..................Im so jealous:crazy:

i'm hopping the weather holds out...i figure another rain storm or two to remove more of the salt from the roads and she'll be set to see action again:shrug:

I used to wait till about april or beginning of may when I had sports cars. now I just drive the svt year round so im good. I remember though how much fun it was getting the whip out for summer, and how much of a bummer it is putting it back in the winter.

I have had them out a few times over the winter on very nice days, the SeVT was out quickly last night also .... when will they be driven at any given time, mid April with or so .... actually I have to break in a new clutch on my SeVT with a 3L when it goes in so the end of the month for that car ...

If I didn't have so many projects to do to it, it would stay in storage until mid april. I took it out probably 2 times this winter on very nice days only. I want to drive it every day.

Late April. We always get one last sneaky snow storm around that time, and it's usually the day after we take the cars out of the car jackets. :rolleyes: lol it never fails.

::sigh:: This morning about 7:15 AM for the drive to work. Just like every other weekday since the week after Thanksgiving when the hit-skip idiot totaled my daily driver. :(

Well I killed the battery by not driving it. Battery is fully charged and back in the car, I attempted to start it last night but the starter just spins. So I'll be investigating that. Already searched, have some ideas and some help, just need physical daylight to get out there.

Getting the itch now that the salt is mostly off the roads with that giant rainstorm we had.

Probably a few weeks and the M3 will come back out to play a bit. But I think I'm just going to clean it up a little and sell it. I enjoy the contour a whole lot more than the M3 . . . go figure, huh? lol.

Probably a few weeks and the M3 will come back out to play a bit. But I think I'm just going to clean it up a little and sell it. I enjoy the contour a whole lot more than the M3 . . . go figure, huh? lol.

Just out of curiosity, do you think that is legitimate or do you think you are a bit brainwashed by this site?

I had mine out today, it's nice out.

Now that we have the black SVT, my silver one stays put in the garage for the winter. It was rare in the past that it came out during the winter. There were times, I admit, that I rolled her out just to have some fun in the snow. :)

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, do you think that is legitimate or do you think you are a bit brainwashed by this site?

For me, its perfectly legitimate. The M3 is certainly faster, and more capable, and a much more expensive car, but I simply get more enjoyment out of my CSVT since I put it back on the road. Consequently, it doesn't make sense for me to continue to pay the premium for the M3. Plus I want to start building a proper race car for myself since I'm always working on other people's race cars.

For me, its perfectly legitimate. The M3 is certainly faster, and more capable, and a much more expensive car, but I simply get more enjoyment out of my CSVT since I put it back on the road. Consequently, it doesn't make sense for me to continue to pay the premium for the M3. Plus I want to start building a proper race car for myself since I'm always working on other people's race cars.

Makes sense. It's just that when I drive anyone else's car, I always think it sucks (not like they were awesome cars to begin with) so I've been thinking lately what will happen when I drive a technically better car than the contour. Am I going to have so much time vested in the the contour that I won't want to give it up for something better :shrug: Will I convince myself that it isn't better?:shrug::shrug: I see lots of members on CEG going from contour to something else, and wishing they still had their contour...makes me think.

Good to get another opinion on it. :laugh:

Back