• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Never saw this before Cams

they've been around for awhile. awhile back someone had them..but because of the cam gear's having to be installed by the user, most people not having a the proper tool to do it and the price....they havent really caught on. ideally the easiest thing to do would be to contact crower or colt cams and have them regrind the stock ones. (but issues arrise there too w/the finish of the cams)

they've been around for awhile. awhile back someone had them..but because of the cam gear's having to be installed by the user, most people not having a the proper tool to do it and the price....they havent really caught on. ideally the easiest thing to do would be to contact crower or colt cams and have them regrind the stock ones. (but issues arrise there too w/the finish of the cams)

Yeah it was svt snob who owned them. He did eventually sell them though before installing them.

Yea, Aaron had the Stage IV cams from them. I believe Nima owns them now. I heard they would be a PITA to tune.
Ya I think I remember David having them on his car, and a sound clip going around. That thing sounded mean!

any idea on the gains of having these cams or would getting crower or colt to regrind them be better? how hard would a tune be for this? If I did get some of these any idea who would install the cam gears correctly? Is it hard to find someone familiar with degree wheels?

burrita, very suprised htat you havent heard of them... they have been available for like 4 years.

theres been at least one person on NECO thats had them. he installed them and there was some quality issues with it or something... might be worth searching for.

Yea, Aaron had the Stage IV cams from them. I believe Nima owns them now. I heard they would be a PITA to tune.
Ya I think I remember David having them on his car, and a sound clip going around. That thing sounded mean!

I thought DavidZ had some custom 1 off Roush/SVO/"something along those lines" cams??

Last edited:
I thought DavidZ had some custom 1 off Roush/SVO/"something along those lines" cams??

David Z had Pipper Cams that were close to the BTCC Spec from what I heard. As for the CAT Cams having quality issues I had two sets! The first set had deep knics all over them so I figured after spedning $1300 I should have a set of prestine Cams, so Chris from CTA took me to the supplier and I asked if I could just trade them in for $1300 worth of stuff from their store and they told me "no". The supplier went to the back and gave me another set and to my surprise this set had a few knicks on them but they were faint and not deep. So the suppliers response was take it to a machine shop and have them smooth it out:mad: . Chris and I left that store and I refuse to deal with that supplier/aftermarket store again.

Aaron

Don't they come without the sprockets pressed on as well. Terry said he'd set them up if someone sent him a set. They sound sketchy though.

shoot I had a bunch of links up earlier, just about everyone who ordered a set complained about quality and smoothness. and I'll be damned if I cant find a single person who installed them and got them running.

Back