• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fuse holder

Okay so those are about $200 and less, right?

Exodus Shiva-x
* Fs: 20.0 Hz
* Le: 0.90mH
* Re: 3.65 Ohms (Voice Coils wired in parallel)
* Qms: 3.20
* Qes: .55
* Qts: 0.47
* Mms: 171g
* Cms: 0.38 mm/N
* Vas: 125L
* Sd: 491 cm^2
* Vd: 2.65L
* BL: 11.9
* X-max: 27mm
* Pmax: 600W
* SPL: 84.4 db/1W/1M

And check this sub out here http://www.aespeakers.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=821

The Shiva-X has the XBL^2 motor, which greatly reduces distortion AND increases your xmax. At 27mm of xmax one way(If i recall correctly, the IDQ and w3 doesn't even have that combined), we're talking about a 2"+ peak to peak excursion.
With that excursion, and the low Fs at 20hz we're talking about insane amounts of low frequency.

This sub has shorting rings, which lowers the Le to .9mH. This also reduces distortion greatly. This sub can be obtained for under $200 shipped from www.acoustic-visions.com

I think the website is currently down though. I'm 95% sure i'm going to be picking up its larger 15" sibling, the Tempest-X for my own car.

The 2nd sub posted in the forum is a great sub for the money. It has an underhung motor (not quite as good IMO as XBL^2 motors, but still great), that reduces distortion. I've personally owned a very similar 15" version to the sub, and it blew away my 18" JLw6 in low frequency output, and sound quality. If you check out the old CEG forums, you can look up "stryke AV" for more details.

You could even IM me if i'm on at "ifnofittryspit" for AIM

Ren

No, I lie so i can have a public profile cause you can't if you're under 18 (thanks for pointing out to me that it isn't public anymore) There used to be a thing on there that had all my real :censored::censored::censored::censored:...but it seemed in the way of all the pics =)

But no, i wouldn't say you're right about the showing off... I'm not gonna give myself a high profile in a school as big as mine... and of all things, my fuseholder would be the last thing I would show off.
Gimme some credit, i may have not known much about this fuse holder, but i still have common sense :shrug:

And the IDQ12 runs about $250 for whoever asked

No, I lie so i can have a public profile cause you can't if you're under 18 (thanks for pointing out to me that it isn't public anymore) There used to be a thing on there that had all my real :censored::censored::censored::censored:...but it seemed in the way of all the pics =)

But no, i wouldn't say you're right about the showing off... I'm not gonna give myself a high profile in a school as big as mine... and of all things, my fuseholder would be the last thing I would show off.
Gimme some credit, i may have not known much about this fuse holder, but i still have common sense :shrug:

And the IDQ12 runs about $250 for whoever asked

Again, read my previous post about the cheaper and better sub(s) from www.aespeakers.com ($75-$125) and www.acoustic-visions.com ($165)

Yeah maybe someone should just make a thread "OMG L@@K @T TWANGS MYSPACE O_O"

Anyways, thanks for all your help Reverend. I might be requesting more soon :laugh:

Back