• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Car was broken into...

Pre98

Hard-core CEG'er
Can't upload pics yet, but it happened between 12-5am tonight. No tracks whatsoever in the snow. Quite frankly it was a perfect night to do this as so much snow has fallen. They smashed in my passenger window, ripped out the CD player.. but left my Nikon D50 and an expensive pool stick in the back seat. :shrug:

The real kicker is the following fact: They stole an 8 year old Sony Xplod CD Player (Worth no more than $45 probably) and I can't tell if I'm more amused or angered by that fact.

I filed a police report, and maybe it will be covered by insurance.. but I have basic liability and that's it.

Now get to bandage up my car, and drive home very, very cold. :nonono: Pics will be up later today..

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
That friggin sucks man!
It happened to me twice with my Contours man.
If it's just liability your insurance won't cover it. Phil (Airforce) did pick me up a window from a local junkyard for around $22 though. Went over by Kevins garage, vacuumed all of the glass out of the door, threw it in and life wasn't as cold anymore.

Last edited:
Sometimes it's not the cost of what was taken that gets you...it's the cost of replacing it. :(

I've had it happen to me too. It does suck.

dude that sucks!

nothing worse than that sinking feeling you get when you walk out to your car and see the window missing.

Happened with my van, except all the doors were open and most of my stuff was on the ground around it including the mattress.
and not one of the very nosy people living in the condo noticed this going on.

that really blows man.

When mine was stolen, the cd player was about 6 years old. Left behind was the 10 disc changer in the glovebox, full of cd's and money and a credit card in the arm rest. Hell, the new cd in the player was worth about half the value of the deck itself.

On a side note, I may have a surround piece that I can send you. I can't remember if a post 98 and pre 98 use the same piece or not. If it works, it's yours for free. And if it helps in getting a new glass, the door glass from 95 - 00 are all the same. Getting one from a crank window will make it easier getting it out if you do it yourself.

Last edited:
:censored::censored::censored::censored:in ass holes! Buy your own gosh damn :censored::censored::censored::censored:! Not taking the Nikon and the pool stick shows how young they are... I would have taken everything! You ever watch "Dexter"? TV series now on DVD, it will show you how to deal with "bad" people.... :grin: :laugh: :creepy:

that really blows man.

When mine was stolen, the cd player was about 6 years old. Left behind was the 10 disc changer in the glovebox, full of cd's and money and a credit card in the arm rest. Hell, the new cd in the player was worth about half the value of the deck itself.

On a side note, I may have a surround piece that I can send you. I can't remember if a post 98 and pre 98 use the same piece or not. If it works, it's yours for free. And if it helps in getting a new glass, the door glass from 95 - 00 are all the same. Getting one from a crank window will make it easier getting it out if you do it yourself.

I think (I may be wrong) the Pre-98 plastic had a rougher finish than the Post-98.

Damn Bill that sucks!! Some people are such scumbags...
Hopefully you can get that fixed quick. If you need a hand let me know.

theives suck balls if you need any replacement parts let me know ill donate them to you:cool:

Look at the bright side. At lease you had quick connectors. Usually the tards smash the entire interior and cut the wires so short they are hard to reconnect.

That sucks. my roommate up in Chicago had this happen to him. the theives knew where everything was, even the brain box for the DVD player. they got in his trunk and took all his tools too :nonono:

i think they knew what they were doing. anyone with a pre98 will probably agree that getting the HVAC/radio surround out and past the key hole WITH the radio still attached is a pain in the ass and almost impossible.

Thats bull:censored::censored::censored::censored:, people who pull stuff like that deserve a bullet. It's not quite the same, but I had my 98 egged two nights ago. The whole block got it, so I don't feel as bad, but it is almost one year to the day that my 95 SHO got egged :mad:

Sorry to see that man. I am here for free replacement parts as well. Just PM me with whatever you need. I can try to ship glass but I don't know how well that would go! :laugh: I do have a few stock cd players from contours which I could send you for free as well to get by? :shrug: Just let Scott or I know what you want.

Reebs

Sorry man, that SUCKS! This is why I pay a fortune to live behind a 10' fence with razor wire and automatic gates when I'm in Flint. Too many lazy asshole people out there that don't care about how they affect other people.

Damn thanks for the support guys, it's really appreciated. My appreciation for the car has been less than withstanding lately, you know.. it's winter. Ish goes wrong and you hate it, but after it gets warm you fix it, and you love her all over again. :blackeye: :laugh:

I'll be hitting some of you guys up soon if I need any parts. I'll make sure to throw some extra cash in there some place. Your donations save me from a frigid yard trip so it's the least I could do!

oh man, sorry to see that bill, but like mentioned above, these had to be young punks. anyone half intelligent realize that all sony cd's players suck and aren't even worth stealing haha hope you get it back together in a timely manner.

Back