• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

check engine light

enigma11211

CEG'er
just had my MSDS header installed with MIL's, and everything was running fine at first. but now my check engine light is on after i drove it about 200 miles.

it's probably coming from your MILs then. Double check that they are properly installed.

Where did you get them from? And what wires were cut and the MILs installed on? Only the black and grey wires should have been used for the mils.

it's probably coming from your MILs then. Double check that they are properly installed.

Where did you get them from? And what wires were cut and the MILs installed on? Only the black and grey wires should have been used for the mils.
the mechanic put the one that came with the header from msds. i did buy him a set from pony express but never used them.

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]P0136[/FONT][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor circuit fault - Bank No. 1. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]P0156[/FONT][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor circuit fault - Bank No. 2. [/FONT]

bad mils or a bad install of them ...

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]P0136[/FONT][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor circuit fault - Bank No. 1. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]P0156[/FONT][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor circuit fault - Bank No. 2. [/FONT]

bad mils or a bad install of them ...

well these mils came with the MSDS header, and the mechanic just pluged it in. i guess it's just bad mils.

.. i did buy him a set from pony express but never used them.
If you install the ones from Pony Express (correctly), you should not have those two (P0136 and P0156) codes. I have used mine for the past two years.

Back