• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

45mm lower and other stuff

saintz

CEG'er
Big thanks to my mate Dan yesterday and Shauny today, My ST now sits 45mm lower. Will take a few days to settle down more but here are a few pictures of it and some other little mods.

The new sprayed rear door sails are on too

My new ST wing darts to replace the indicators that are now on the wing mirrors

The engine bay is going back together nicely, just the sprayed SVT UIM to go back on

Finaly got the fog light surrounds back from the sprayers too

Still work to do on the interior

Something is definitely wrong with those springs. There is no way it's supposed to sit like that.

Could be that the car just lives in the garage at the moment and I wont be driving it about.

Could be that this picture was taken 5 minutes we finished fitting them.

Could be that I should have dropped it 60mm:crazy:

Could be anything but to tell you the truth it is better that ine was:laugh:

Car looks good..Take it out and around the block a few times to break in the front suspension to see if that help..

I cant at the moment as the UIM is at the sprayers, the car also has no MOT and Tax, we take it off the road for the winter:eek:

I am sure it will be fine come the spring time:cool:

roll it back and forth so the suspension can settle. thats what my car looks like every time i set it down till i roll it. that is one of the downsides to McPherson struts over multi-link suspension.

How can i get one of those radiator covers?????

and will it fit on a contour???

Find out if it will fit, I will get one from the Scrap yard and we can sort some thing out :cool:

They come as black standard, I sprayed mine with some rattle cans of paint.:laugh:

What is the offical name of the part? im looking on ebay and im seeing a mirror polished slam panel but i cant find it through google.

Have a look on www.fordmondeoownersclub.co.uk and PM wooty as he makes them:cool:

S3010005-3.jpg

Back