• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford reveals next retro T-Bird

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

there is one or two running around here in jax as well. one black with flames on the front and whitewalls.

I never understand why people do these type of conversions.:nonono:

to be different :shrug:

personally I wouldn't waste my time if its gonna come out looking like that but I guess if people never did anything creative with cars we would all be rollin around in boxes on wheels I guess :laugh:

that's not creative though, it's just changing out front/rear fenders and bumpers. they don't even match the body lines of the car! nothing flows right from front to back...you can still see it's a thunderbird under there!

how is that not being creative? look at the new mustangs and camaros, it looks like a mix of the old style with the new. I think this guy was going for the same thing just turned out really fugly?

it's a bolt on kit! the guy didn't do anything but order it online and do some bondo work! that does not = creative!

I kinda like it. If it had retro mirrors and retro chrome push button door handles, it would be pretty cool.

Chop the top down, redesign the rear end, put on some rims, and it could be semi okay.

Chop the top down, redesign the rear end, put on some rims, and it could be semi okay.

I disagree. The entire piece of the car between the front and rear doesn't go with the kit at all. The lines on the windows and such just don't match up with it.

Needs Retro door handles. It needs paint up the middle door/window pillar. Its too thick to chrome. It needs retro side mirrors with red base. that little bit would make a big difference imo.

doesn't matter what kinda mirros you put on it...the body lines don't flow front to back. it looks liek some crappy bumpers and fenders stuck on a thunderbird...and that's what it is.

I've seen this kit before and I will guilt-aly say I kinda like it.

one of the cruise nights I was at last year. some asshat parked next to me who did the same type of kit conversion with his new corvette. People flocked around like mad. I think in general people actually liked it.... I threw up in my mouth a little bit. I really had to bite my lip on asking him to move his train wreck of a car along with alot of other choice words. eitherway I dont think the man was smart enough to understand these advanced concepts like styling and class...

but ya, this one kinda works.

I am not a fan of that particular modification to the Thunderbird MN-12s. It looks cheap. This is a good time to mention those poor Fox Cougars out there that have endured the Tiffany kits (this particular one is on Autotrader for $27,990). I have also seen one on a Datsun 280ZX.

3381212303.234348823.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

3381212311.234348823.IM1.09.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Back