• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Top shop rules

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
This is about the onlt thing that made me smile today.

Top shop you guys rock!

Fiberglass eyebrows for the turbo car, need them painted first
2rh19mx.jpg

Red weave cf imrc cover for vader
2u5t313.jpg

Excuse the dirty engine bay
ofod9i.jpg

oqlwts.jpg

That IMRC cover looks good on the right side, and just goes down hill by the end of the left side. :blackeye:

At damn near $200 I'd expect a tad bit better craftmanship or at least a little better qaulity control.

Yeah no kidding. It kinda destroys my view on how well they are committed to satisfying their customers.

At damn near $200 I'd expect a tad bit better craftmanship or at least a little better qaulity control.

I've been saying that since they started the GB, was never impressed with any of their revisions to improve the weave problems. They said "it's going to happen" and I thought, "weird, the one i have at home doesn't have any weave imperfections." :shrug:

Not impressed, but congrats on the buy Ryan.

I think it is alright and acceptable. I think it compares to trying to wrap a paper world map around a ball, it just won't fit right without making some cuts.... No cuts leads to wrinkles, folds, and distortions.... it looks good

i think it looks awesome, and you should be thankful we can get anything for our cars at all.

I couldnt agree more, we always want cf parts now a company makes them and all people do is complain, things cant always be perfect with cf, make the best of what we can get.

it just won't fit right without making some cuts.... No cuts leads to wrinkles, folds, and distortions....

I'm sorry Joe, but you're wrong on this. I'll be glad to show you mine any time so you can see what a real quality piece(worth $200) looks like.

I wonder if it is because of the way they are doing it... I seem to remember them saying they are using the vacuum infusion method. If this is not done correctly it will pull the material away from the mold, stretching it spots.

I'm sorry Joe, but you're wrong on this. I'll be glad to show you mine any time so you can see what a real quality piece(worth $200) looks like.

I have seen yours... it is sitting on the top of your cabinets in your shop office.... Got lucky on that one, every other I have seen has a spot that just hasn't layed right.... :shrug: I would say yours is "one in a million"

I didn't buy one, so really - I don't care. I won't bash what someone else just paid $200 for and was excited to get. I am sure they are a little pissed that the weave isn't perfect, but they are glad that a shop took the time to make these. One cancels out the other.

If they didn't like it enough, I am sure that they would send it back and have the shop try again.

Last edited:
Back