• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What's in a name?

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
I am just curious on everybody's thoughts..

For example, had the Fusion been called the Contour (500 = Taurus... you get the idea)...
Would they be welcome on this site... even though that car has nothing to do with ours...

No..Contours/Stiques only..LOL

Trolls are always welcome..
I know they went away with the contour and came out with somthing else to replace it but its just not a Contour.

Interesting question.
I think they would, but it would require a major overhaul of the site to accommodate for the different platforms/engines/transmissions/etc.

If the Contour-Fusion was popular it might even take over the site entirely. For example, legacygt.com is mostly dedicated to the 2005+ models, with only a few subforums for older GT models.

As it is, most of us have accepted that the Contour name will never be used again, and the site has been designed specifically to cater to one model/platform. (i.e., the differences between pre98/98+ or Contour/Mystique aren't significant enough to merit their own subforums.) It is extremely difficult to think what might happen if Ford reinstated the name.

Little of topic but as I look at my contour the body lines and design don't look old at all. The car still looks like it could be a 2008+ model year car. What do you all think?

Interesting question.

Same thing happened over at TCCA, the Taurus Car Club (link in sig). They've got a forum lay out that's geared toward the previous four generations of the Taurus, but have accomodated the "fifth" generation Taurus as well - though it's only one subforum at the moment. Not much activity there compared to the others, since the numbers of the new one are so small compared to the previous gens combined.

ya know brent, i dont know but i do know that you contour svt sucks compared to some ive seen HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :crazy: guess who. hint: i live with you on some weekends

We welcome Mystique, Cougar, Mondeo, Escape, Tribute, and X-Type owners with open arms due to the platform.

However, this site is probly the most open I've seen regarding trolls. Even have some die hard Chevy fans who contribute. Guess they come back for the atmosphere!

Back