• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wheel Balance out?

Tourige

CEG's Resident Jackass
Car drives good from 0-80km/h but anything above that and the car like to shake like a POS... not fun, Im guessing this is NOT good for my brand new wheel bearings, and im also guessing that its just my wheel balancing out... time to swtich out each tire to a summer tire tell i know which one is acting up.

I would check to see if any of your tires has a bubble in it, or if the tread might be separating. I thought my rear tires were out of balance, since the car would start to shake at about 65 mph. It got horrible after a weekend of aggressive driving. Shook so bad the dash rattled. I drove 3 hours home from OKC like this. Got home, decided to rotate my tires, only to find that BOTH rear tires were bulged and cupped on the tread. I'm lucky I didn't lose one or both of them. Pull the tires and look each one over carefully. Beats a blowout at highway speeds!

I would check to see if any of your tires has a bubble in it, or if the tread might be separating. I thought my rear tires were out of balance, since the car would start to shake at about 65 mph. It got horrible after a weekend of aggressive driving. Shook so bad the dash rattled. I drove 3 hours home from OKC like this. Got home, decided to rotate my tires, only to find that BOTH rear tires were bulged and cupped on the tread. I'm lucky I didn't lose one or both of them. Pull the tires and look each one over carefully. Beats a blowout at highway speeds!

Ill take a look, i didnt notice anything when i put them on like.. 2 weeks ago.:crazy:

Back