• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Jag X-Type 3.0

ultraimports

New CEG'er
Theoretical conversation:

The Jag X-type 3.0 is a "Jagged" version of the Duratec 3.0, right? So, could Contour owners expect "similar" performance w/ a straight 3L swap since the X-type and Contour are the CDW27 platform?

If that is the case, could mods be made to fit the Jag 3L in a 'Tour since it seems to have more HP?

Just a topic for conversation, not sure if its been discussed before, didn't find anything searching for "X Type" :shrug:

Thats what I figured if it was AWD. I wonder if anyone has put the entire Jag drivetrain in a Contour?....make it an X-Tour :laugh:

Thats what I figured if it was AWD. I wonder if anyone has put the entire Jag drivetrain in a Contour?....make it an X-Tour :laugh:

been discussed multiple times in the past, its do-able, question is... are you rich?

Good point...I guess if I was loaded, I wouldn't worry about swapping engines, I would just buy the supercars instead :crazy:

exactly, Jay Leno, however, would be someone that would actually take on a project as rediculious as an AWD conversion on a contour SVT.

Just a topic for conversation, not sure if its been discussed before, didn't find anything searching for "X Type" :shrug:

You're not going to either. Keywords for the search have to be more than 3 characters... Stupid search engine :nonono:

But yeah been discussed plenty of times in the 3L section.

I'm thinking of doing a suspension and drivetrain swap from a jaq. I have a couple of connections that can get me a totaled one for cheap, and I could probably just replace the broken parts from other junkers.

by the way what do you think would be better to strip the parts off of a 2.5 x-type or a 3.0 x-type?

I would wager a 3.0, but be prepared to do some fabricating too. I've been under a few XTypes, taken pics too that are posted somewhere on here. There would be some work to be done in the way of subframe mounting points and suspension points. I'm sure there has been more in depth discussion though elsewhere on that already.

taking kinda the inverse of this, does anyone know if the nautilus turbo kit can go on the jag without many changes? just out of curiosity since they are cheap and plentiful in this area.

i was under one a while ago and looked at the sub frame, the car was junked so I couldn't get good of a view; look like probably some welding is going to happen. I'm up for it though, my friend who fabs cars actually just got his welding license and I have some scrap lying around, I don't think it would to be to hard with some time.

By the way, what where those links to the jaguar pics? I think i heard from someone the awd setup was mechanically driven not ecu driven, is that true?

Forget about swapping the Jaguar parts over just pick up a X-type and mod it. Check prices on Auto Trader, they are very cheap now. It's just not worth the time and effort when they are that cheap.

I dunno...I've seen some reaaally nice x-types. The few problems I have is lack of aftermarket, almost more so than the contour IMO. Anything that IS available is stupid expensive! Also it came in dead last I think on that top gear comparison video...(with the MK3 Mondeo in first :laugh:)

taking kinda the inverse of this, does anyone know if the nautilus turbo kit can go on the jag without many changes? just out of curiosity since they are cheap and plentiful in this area.

that's what i'm thinking. better results can be achieved going this route than fitting the suspension and driveline on the contour. and with Joey working on the programming for the VVT Mazda 3L, we should be able to tune the Jag accordingly. Sure, the pipes will likely require re-routing, but that's not so big a hurdle. The biggest risk as I see it is whether or not the driveline can handle 300+ hp.

Back