• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 2006 SEMA Pictures

Suba Blu

Hard-core CEG'er
Got back late yesterday -- saw some truely amazing vehicles and some really craptastic stuff..

Got to see some cool folk like Ryan Dunn from Jackass walking around.. a few Chip Foose vehicles be unveiled on the spot as well as be on the set of overhaulin which was filming live at Sema...

Spent alot of time in the FORD booth drooling over the new Foose Mustangs, Cobra Mustangs and the all new Edge which is coming out soon.

Unfortunately I was unable to attend the entire duration of SEMA so I did not see all the reveals from every manufacturer - there were still alot of them under covers as I think they were revealing a few every day. When I left I know for a fact that 3 Honda's and 3 Volkswagons were still covered for sure.. same with a few Dodge cars which I speculate were some of the new tricked out Challengers...

I hope alot of my pictures are not duplicates to what has already been posted by svt4svt

http://www.teamneco.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=32

BTW -- talked to Harold and Patrick at the Morette booth for some time... Truely amazing guys and they were arguing about the completion of the Contour lights right in front of me..

Patrick told me that they couldnt get a set to fit properly and then Harold overheard it and came running over to say "yes, we did!" they fit great! and went into more details on what they needed to do in order to release them.

After the discussion Harold and Patrick came to an agreement that they will infact release these lights.. unfortunately due to DOT standards they need to change the sidemarker to make it legal. They will have to make the sidemarker more like what they use for the F150 Morettes. Price point will be set for around 500.00 or perhaps less. Harold was promising this could be complete by the end of the year.

I hope this is true... I'm going to email Patrick later to thank him for allowing me to talk to him and to state that I still very much want a set.. I told them both that I was going to report back to the CEG world with their info -- so if you truely want a set please email Patrick or Morette USA with your words of glee so they know we are still waiting patiently and look forward to their release more each and every day.

I love this car!

http://www.teamneco.com/gallery/albums/SEMA/PICT0144.JPG

These are a little lighter.
auto-show-photos.asp

Love the plate!
auto-show-photos.asp

hahaha nice! I didnt even notice the plate on that one... I think the man was complaining by that point of hating SEMA and that I was taking too many pictures. :(

BTW -- talked to Harold and Patrick at the Morette booth for some time... Truely amazing guys and they were arguing about the completion of the Contour lights right in front of me..

Patrick told me that they couldnt get a set to fit properly and then Harold overheard it and came running over to say "yes, we did!" they fit great! and went into more details on what they needed to do in order to release them.

After the discussion Harold and Patrick came to an agreement that they will infact release these lights.. unfortunately due to DOT standards they need to change the sidemarker to make it legal. They will have to make the sidemarker more like what they use for the F150 Morettes. Price point will be set for around 500.00 or perhaps less. Harold was promising this could be complete by the end of the year.

I hope this is true... I'm going to email Patrick later to thank him for allowing me to talk to him and to state that I still very much want a set.. I told them both that I was going to report back to the CEG world with their info -- so if you truely want a set please email Patrick or Morette USA with your words of glee so they know we are still waiting patiently and look forward to their release more each and every day.

Glad someone finally got a good update straight from them. If this is indeed true (especially on the price), I will be ordering a set as soon as they are released.

Back