• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally got the true duals finished!

99Mystique ATX

Hard-core CEG'er
After a day and a half, the true duals are finally done!

Took a lot of work, but here are a few of the pics and a video of the SVT started up with just headers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKNuY-TkfFw

Pics...

Out with the old...
trueduals2.jpg

So, where do all these go again?
trueduals1.jpg

Coming together nicely...
trueduals4.jpg

Almost complete...
trueduals3.jpg

That's all the pics i've got so far. I can say the car sounds awesome now! It's a little louder than I expected but sounds good for sure.

A big thanks again for Craig for letting me use his garage and helping me out with welding and the install!

Anytime boss! It was fun. And it does sound great. You know you want to put that video up of you taking off the rubber exhaust mount.:laugh: LOL! good times.

man it looks like we almost knew what we were doing.:nonono:

I'll get some more pics and videos up either tomorrow or friday.

This project took a lot longer than I anticipated, so we didn't have much of a chance to shoot any more pics and videos. But, I've got tomorrow off so I can get some shots then.

damn b it sounded like azz with just headers, like loud but in a bad way. so when are we gonna here what it sound like now?

It's been a year almost since I've had a Contour. I'm just trying to think of what is in the rear driver's side, that made you 'loop' the exhaust around like that? Why not just a straight shot? Looks like some good work, though!

Mark

It's been a year almost since I've had a Contour. I'm just trying to think of what is in the rear driver's side, that made you 'loop' the exhaust around like that? Why not just a straight shot? Looks like some good work, though!

Mark

Fuel tank.

Fuel tank.
i think hes talking about how it comes back toward the center of the car and tehn goes back out towards the cutout in the bumper. there are control arms in the way that forces you to go under the subframe in the center of the car.

i think hes talking about how it comes back toward the center of the car and tehn goes back out towards the cutout in the bumper. there are control arms in the way that forces you to go under the subframe in the center of the car.

Ahhhhh, that's what I was leaning towards, but I didn't think you had to come in THAT much. I guess everyone else that went true duals went straight back, under the tank.

Mark

I bought the setup used, but cut into pieces. If it was me, I probably would have just run it under the gas tank, but since we had the pieces already, I figured might as well just use them.

And yes, they loop around the gas tank and then back to the center to clear the rear control arms.

Time to go change my oil and play around with the supertrapps. I've got one that the screws won't go in right so i've gotta fix that.

But, i'll try to get some exhaust clips up later of it. :D

i have one...if your looking:shrug: andy..your inspiring me to come and get that other setup from you...think your buddy would be willing to help me finish it if i paid him??

i have one...if your looking:shrug: andy..your inspiring me to come and get that other setup from you...think your buddy would be willing to help me finish it if i paid him??

I'm sure he would be willing...

He wants either your old setup or the setup I had on the Mystique.

Redlineracer, my buddy has a bone stock SVT exhaust on his car that's in good shape, you could take that and i'll give him my SVT/Magnaflow setup...

Just an idea. I need some of this stuff out of the garage.

had to go clean up are mess we made in my garage...

here is some of the mess.

the left over parts........
100_13931.jpg

here is what fueled us...........
p.s andy was the one who downed both of the pringles..:nonono:
100_13901.jpg

mmm... Pringles... Yup, you give me a can of pringles, consider 'em gone!

I think my y-pipe is still at your house too...

EDIT... MMM... Blue...

Oh yea, CEL is still off! Damn you P0420... If it comes back time to make some MIL's...

Back