• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Isn't she a beauty........

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I am finishing up a 3 liter Turbo car for a customer in New York. The guy has a spotless car except the 2.5 engine was removed and a newer 20k Taurus motor w/LIM Mod and SVT cams were added to the turbo setup. I expect to have the car running this weekend and hopefully a dyno by next week. We are going to run 13-14 psi on a stock bottom with all the uprgades for the power. The car engine accessories, cover, & intakes needed some paint real bad so I went pick out a dark blue Ford paint and cleared it to dry. The engine bay will be flawless with the blue silicone hoses and new painted pipes. The only thing I noticed was the MSDS Headers he had coated years back had pitted real bad. So I freshened it up with some more coating and now I a going to put the engine back together once the sun bakes the engine. Here are some nice pics. Joey

LeeTing3literTurbo 004smaller.jpg

LeeTing3literTurbo 005smaller.jpg

LeeTing3literTurbo 006smaller.jpg

who's car is it?

you're in possession of the car or just shipping the motor back and forth?

if you're doing full swaps for people, that's good information for me to know ;)

who's car is it?

you're in possession of the car or just shipping the motor back and forth?

if you're doing full swaps for people, that's good information for me to know ;)

My customers are shipping me the car but most of them are Turbo kits along with the 3 liter. My problem is I can't just put a motor back in a car without making it look new so I lose my butt on the swaps. I am a person who will not put a car together without fixing everything on the motor. The problem is I am behind on production because and R&D due to the three cars I have to do now. The only reason I took this car is because I want to dyno the 3 liter setup with a stock 3 liter to have numbers for the site. The other NA car I did was the donor car used to mock up the first turbo kit and now is going to be testing the manifolds comparison. I also have one car awaiting a 3 liter turbo with all the goodies being shipped from SC soon as I return the two other cars. Then I have to finish my own two car for SZ2008. I even thought about buying some spare motor SVT's and since LKQ ships to me for free I could maybe prep the whole motor where the customers pays me a core charge and returns all the parts to me I need so I can use them on the next motor. After I examine the parts of course. Joey

good job joey. if that car's done b4 mine, at least i can get a pretty good idea of what i have running as mine's the same setup. that blue isn't quite sitting well with me though. was that the customer's color choice or yours?

good job joey. if that car's done b4 mine, at least i can get a pretty good idea of what i have running as mine's the same setup. that blue isn't quite sitting well with me though. was that the customer's color choice or yours?

Well he did state that it's dark blue Ford paint so I'm assuming the sunlight is just making the color look too bright in picture.

Is that the SVT in the background of the first pic? Clean motor :drool:

yeah the color is brighter in the direct sunlight but once i cures some more and as in normal light it will be a hair darker but everytime I did a motor it always looked better in the car than out. The car it is going in is a silver frost under the overhang not shown in the pic. The car you see is the NA car that spun the bearing I think on the dyno. The new motor for it was delivered today and it will be next. joey

Well the engine is ready to be put in the car tomorrow after my court battle. I will try to get some videos of the car done and I will post some more pics of the turbo kit installed and ready to go too. here are the last pics before she is lowered in the car. Joey

Mazda6headersSet 018smaller.jpg

now these are with the flash off shows the dark blue it looks like in person
Mazda6headersSet 015smaller.jpg

Mazda6headersSet 004smaller.jpg

Mazda6headersSet 017smaller.jpg

I cant picture how the serpentine belt runs in my head, but how come the overdrive power steering pulley looks so close to the tensioner?

Back